Review of Hampton inn plantation ft. Lauderdale...

preschool teacher

Well we are in our hotel room right now....it's great, clean and pretty...hubby went in hot tub and pool....pool was warm and both were great... Bed is comfy...will let you know about the free bfast and the parking on the other end. We will be on the 10:00a.m. Shuttle. Oh it's right next to a big mall...nice location.

I have stayed there four times before cruises and will be staying there again in January for two nights before my cruise. I love the location of the hotel. It is in a quiet business park-type area and right across the street from a large mall. There is also a Target nearby. There are a few restaurants within walking distance and also a supermarket, Whole Foods, and liquor store a little further away, but still within walking distance. The hotel has clean rooms, a nice lounge area where coffee is available 24 hours a day, and breakfast is pretty good too. The hotel staff is very nice especially the manager Debbie. When you check in, make sure that you book your transfer to the cruise port as the prime times book up fast.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Well we are in our hotel room right now....it's great, clean and pretty...hubby went in hot tub and pool....pool was warm and both were great... Bed is comfy...will let you know about the free bfast and the parking on the other end. We will be on the 10:00a.m. Shuttle. Oh it's right next to a big mall...nice location.

Does anyone know if the original poster has done an update anywhere else on cruisecritic?

I would love to hear how their experience went.

~~Joel~~

Does anyone know if the original poster has done an update anywhere else on cruisecritic?

I would love to hear how their experience went.

~~Joel~~

We used this hotel and shuttle service for a cruise on the Carnival Freedom back on May19th. Overall, it was a very positive experience. The only hiccup was the airport shuttle took almost an hour to pick us up. They said it was because he had just left on a run and they did tell me when I called that it would be a delay. You can't call them from the hotel kiosk cause they aren't listed there. So make sure you have their number in your phone to call them direct. All in all it was pretty good as we were at the hotel by 3pm. Once at the hotel check-in was quick and painless. It was then that we signed up for the port shuttle. The first shuttle departs at 11AM and we were able to reserve all 8 of us for that time. The rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. The overall property is kept very clean. We didn't use the pool area due to it rained almost the entire day and evening. Around 6pm the shuttle took our party of 8 to a TGIF that was nearby for dinner. It was very close to the Target so we made the quick 2 minute walk there to get some last minute supplies and mixers for my Bon Voyage liquor. We called the hotel from there and the shuttle was there in just a few minutes flat.

Breakfast the next morning was pretty good for being free. The waffles were a hit for most everyone in our group. They also had coffee, juice, cereal, pastries, and a few other items that I didn't really pay attention to. I just went straight for the waffles! I asked at the desk as to what time we should all be down for the shuttle. She said by 1045. I like being prepared so I had everyone downstairs in the lobby by 1030. Sure enough at 1040 they started loudly calling names for the first shuttle. So I guess if you aren't down at that time you could get shuffled back to a later time. The shuttle pulls a trailer behind it so there is no problem with luggage. I believe that it holds 14 people and they had it filled to capacity. They dropped off 4 people at the Oasis first, which only took a minute or two, then headed over to the Freedom. It was a very smooth process. We tipped the driver a few bucks, as we had each time, and headed inside to begin the embarkation process.

Overall, it was a very pleasant experience at this hotel and we would definitely book them again. There are closer options of course but for $89 a room for 4 people we thought it not only a good bargain but a good stay as well. Hope this helps those that are considering this hotel in the future.

This pic is of the shuttle trailer being loaded up. My friend Mike, in the blue shirt, is supervising the process!

536284_388540241183759_1473467909_n.jpg

Inside the room. Pretty typical looking for those about to go on a cruise.

487307_388538371183946_286859127_n.jpg

Archived