Diving in GRAND TURK

My wife and I are planning a cruise to Grand Turk next sept. I am wondering what dive operator does Carnival use? I would like to look them up.

Also do they dive a wreck, reef or something for the two dives.

Thanks for the info

They use Oasis Divers. Not the greatest outfit but the diving out there isnt to bad. As a diver myself I find that diving there is about the only worth while thing to do in GT.

CHECK OUT BLUE WATER DIVERS!! THAT IS WHO I SIGNED UP WITH FOR MY TRIP IN NOVEMBER TO GT. THEY WERE HIGHLY SUGGESTED IN THE ROUNDS OF CONVERSATION HERE ON CRUISE CRITICS.

THEY BOTH HAVE COOL WEBSITES, BUT MORE GOOD THINGS HAVE BEEN SAID ABOUT BLUE WATER THAN OASIS. icon6.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Yup if I ever go back I will call and book direct with Blue water. Looked like they had a better operation and more boats then Oasis did. Oasis retail shop was WAY costly...25.00 for a standard t-shirt i think is a bit much. The dive master who we had leading our dive was terrible. He didnt once check on any of the divers in the group...and everyone in our group with exception of me and one other gal were all on a discovery dive (non certified). I almost felt like I was babysitting since i was the last diver in the group and only one of 2 certified divers in the group of 9 people and 1 dive master.

I have used Blue Water divers on 2 different cruises over the last 18 months. They respond immediatley and are very personal and professional. They take out small groups and there prices are very competetive. It is a 15 minute taxi drive from the cruise ship terminal to there shop. I highly recommend them.

Allison

I have used Blue Water divers on 2 different cruises over the last 18 months. They respond immediatley and are very personal and professional. They take out small groups and there prices are very competetive. It is a 15 minute taxi drive from the cruise ship terminal to there shop. I highly recommend them.

Allison

I second BWDs. I've used them 4 times and find Mitch and crew are a great dive shop. Quick taxi to the shop and boat picks up right at the beach across the street. I've never had more than 8 divers total in the boat and Mitch is a true local and knows the best places to dive. They do two reefs (no wrecks on that side of the island). I recommend dive the "anchor site". It's a huge anchor that came off a 1800's sailing ship that apparently got caught in a gale and hooked it into the edge of the reef. Great dive. Great diveshop. Just go to their website. They have a FAQ that includes cruise ship instructions.

Randall

Archived