Shoretrips

Diva70

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used Shoretrips for every one of my port excursions on a cruise I went on last February to St. Thomas, St. Lucia, San Juan, Domenica, Barbados and St. Kitts. None of the tours was more than 4 people, the drivers were very friendly, courteous and picked us up right at the port on time. Something that doesn't always happen w/ the ship-booked tours, by the way. I will use them again. They have an excellent customer feedback system too so they maintain a good quality control. In St. Lucia, my tour guide said they called him the day before to check that all was in control. In Barbados, the driver said Shoretrips called while we were in Harrison's cave to make sure we met up w/ the driver OK. I highly recommend them and in many cases, their tours are cheaper than the cruise ship and far more personalized. I'd rather be w/ four people than 50 anyday.

Shoretrips is based in the USA, by the way.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that we're back, I wanted to let everyone know that Shoretrips was definitely the way to go. There were a million (seemed like anyway lol) going on the Blue Lagoon trip and instead we only had about 75 on ours. We met up with the shuttle just about a block up from the port (which, at first we didn't realize we were in the wrong spot, luckily figured it out in time lol). The shuttle picked up the hotel guests and we were off. It was a HUGE catamaran. They took us to our private island, pointing out celebrity etc. houses on the way, and that took about 1/2 hour. It was Rose Island and was absolutely stunning. We had the whole island to ourselves. Spent the day snorkeling, sea kayaking, laying around, etc. Beach chairs and hammocks everywhere. The water was BEAUTIFUL. Ran into a couple of barracudas while snorkeling (yikes!). They provided a great Bahamian bbq lunch and drinks. We also bought fish food there and were quite hysterical when swarmed by tons of fish. Too funny.

Anyway, I would definitely recommend Shoretrips.

~Holly

So glad to hear this! Has anyone done they 1/2 day sail and snorkel out of Nassau? We are about to book it, looks like a great trip for a short time in port.

Thanks,

Becky

• 2 weeks later...

If you book excursions outside of RCI thrushoretrips what happens if your ship doesn't port there for some reason or is late arriving (ship change itinerary)? Do you have to be responsible for scrambling to call shoretrips to get canceled and is your money refunded? We will be on the Mariner 11/28 this will be our 3rd cruise. We have done Disney Magic twice and only booked thru the ships. Both of those cruises were during October and hurricanes affected both cruises causing missed ports of call and itineray changes. I am nervous about booking outside ship because of this, never have done it, and afraid if not a ship excursion what if the people we book with don't get us back to ship before it leaves. I probably sound too paranoid. I would appreciate any reassurance it seem like people pre-book non ship excursions all the time so it must not be a big deal. And we do plan on many future cruises so I feel I do need to get passed this fear. Thanks for any advice. MILINDA

• 3 weeks later...

I believe right on their web site they tell you that if your ship misses the port, they will refund your money. I e-mailed them a few times and called and spoke with them personally before booking because I was paranoid also. We booked a Rhino Rider Tour with them in St. Martin and everything went exactly as they said it would go. Additionally, we paid $115 for two of us versus the ship asking $90 each. I never book through the ship because it costs too much, there are too many people herded to a site at once, and you come and go at their schedule and I'd rather plan my fun at my pace. Have a great time and relax.

Archived