"LIVE" from Norwegian SPIRIT / June 5, 2009

Radio

Hello everyone. . . .

It is once again I am sailing with Norwegian Cruise Line. I have sailed 3 times previously with NCL in the past year. (The last was Norwegian Gem in March 2009)

This time I am sailing “on a one” of a kind ship for NCL. . . the Norwegian Spirit.

This Ship was built by Star Cruises (NCL’s parent Company) in 1998, and transferred over to NCL in 2004. She has recently undergone an extensive refurbishment that upgraded many cabins and public spaces. I am looking forward to be able to experience these upgrades.

Those of you who have followed my "LIVE" reports with NCL, RCI, and HAL, and CCL already know that I will provide daily comments and trip reports from this cruise.

I will also try to post "LIVE" pics daily (as long as I am able to maintain a valid wireless connection)

I have read so many wonderful reviews of Norwegian Spirit, and I can’t wait to board the ship tomorrow. I will be leaving from Black Falcon Cruise Terminal in South Boston. The Spirit is scheduled for a 7 Night Cruise including staying in Bermuda for 3 nights, and will return next Friday. (I was at the Black Falcon Terminal for a port of call in Nov 2007 on Explorer of the Seas)

I should be leaving the hotel late tomorrow morning. My hotel is just about 15 min south of the pier, and I hope to be onboard by 1130 or so.

Hopefully the weather will be good. . .the forecast is calling for rain next week while we are in Bermuda, but it seems that Bermuda often calls for rain. I am looking forward to staying in the dockyard for 3 nights, and I have read that there have been several improvements since my last trip to Bermuda (2008)

So sit back, and relax. . .this should be a fun cruise ! (I hope that my internet connection stays active). I will try to post several pics before sail away at 4PM.

Thanks for tuning in. . . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

SP1.jpg

Image Courtesy of © 2009 NCL Corporation Ltd.

Radio it was reported today that the Spirit itinerary from Nov thru April has been changed -- they are now arriving 2 hours later to Costa Maya--can you find out why?? and if the Spirit is still having engine problems???

Big Green

PS Spirit is one of my favorite NCL ships next to the Sun

Looking forward to your reports. Are you traveling solo again or did Mrs Radio decide to join you? Have a great trip!

Hi goldmom ! No Mrs Radio will not be sailing this time. She is sailing with me in November 2009 from Baltimore on CCL Pride !

I have to find some Sea Glass for her this time. I heard that some can be found at the beach near the Lighthouse in St Georges.

Radio

Can you tell me which hotel you stayed in as we plan to drive down from Canada and spend a few days.

Will be looking forward to your review as it will be our first time on NCL.

Hi goldmom ! No Mrs Radio will not be sailing this time. She is sailing with me in November 2009 from Baltimore on CCL Pride !

I have to find some Sea Glass for her this time. I heard that some can be found at the beach near the Lighthouse in St Georges.

Radio

In St George's the sea glass is found at Alexandra Battery.

It is a 25 minute walk from where the ferry terminal in St G

can't wait to read your reports and see the pics. thanks!

radio, will you do a "live" on your carnival pride cruise? we're so bummed about NCL not having a ship out of baltimore after majesty. we're curious about the pride but i guess i have been swayed by the party ship gossip. i also don't know how i feel about the itinerary of the pride. either way, please keep up informed.

In St George's the sea glass is found at Alexandra Battery.

It is a 25 minute walk from where the ferry terminal in St G

Nice. . . . Thanks ! It sould be a short ride via Scooter !

Radio

;);)

can't wait to read your reports and see the pics. thanks!

radio, will you do a "live" on your carnival pride cruise? we're so bummed about NCL not having a ship out of baltimore after majesty. we're curious about the pride but i guess i have been swayed by the party ship gossip. i also don't know how i feel about the itinerary of the pride. either way, please keep up informed.

Yes . . . Stay tuned, I will be posting "LIVE"

Radio

Radio,

Thanks so much for taking the time to do these daily live reports for us, I think we all love them.

I was on the Spirit in april, and it was just fantastic, the ship is just beautiful. I hope you find it as wonderful as we did.

thanks agian for all your Live reports

David

We're excited to be joining you on this cruise. This will be our 3rd time on the Spirit. It's a beautiful ship. So happy she finally came to Boston! We won't miss the drive to NYC. Your Live Reports are great!! Our last cruise was on the Gem in March the week after you. We were psyched to see your Live Report with all the great pictures of the Gem.

Radio, I was so excited to see your post! We were on the Spirit in March/April 2009 and loved her. But we have never been to Bermuda and so I am looking forward to your posts about Bermuda. We will be there in October on the Majesty. Bon Voyage, Radio!:D

Archived