Oktoberfest festivities..

klfhngr

Does anyone know if Princess does anything special during Oktoberfest, i.e. polka, sausage, specials on beer, etc.? More specifically, on Ruby..

I don’t think so???

But you better get your Grandma her 2 Grand Mariner drinks :whiskey-glass: :whiskey-glass: and Celebrate Oktoberfest with her:D.

Tony

I don’t think so???

But you better get your Grandma her 2 Grand Mariner drinks :whiskey-glass: :whiskey-glass: and Celebrate Oktoberfest with her:D.

Tony

Lol, thanks Tony, you know i will! The beer is for me lol!:evilsmile:

This was in an entertainment email for my upcoming cruise:

OKTOBERFEST

• Pull on your lederhosen and grab a stein of beer. It's time for Oktoberfest! In our onboard celebration, polka music fills the air, leg-slapping dancers perform in Bavarian garb and the "kinder" can try their hand at pretzel making.

From the Princess website:

OKTOBERFEST (SEPTEMBER – OCTOBER)

Fleetwide

Pull on your lederhosen and grab a stein of beer. It's time for Oktoberfest with Princess Cruises! More than 6 million people celebrate this 16-day annual fair in Munich, Germany each year, commemorating the 1810 royal wedding of King Ludwig I to Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. On our Oktoberfest cruise vacations, polka music fills the air, leg-slapping dancers perform in Bavarian garb, squeezebox classes are a gas for all involved and the "kinder" can try their hand at pretzel making.

Featured Oktoberfest Activities:

• Cultural trivia
  • Traditional dance & language classes
  • Beer tasting

This was in an entertainment email for my upcoming cruise:

OKTOBERFEST

• Pull on your lederhosen and grab a stein of beer. It's time for Oktoberfest! In our onboard celebration, polka music fills the air, leg-slapping dancers perform in Bavarian garb and the "kinder" can try their hand at pretzel making.

From the Princess website:

OKTOBERFEST (SEPTEMBER – OCTOBER)

Fleetwide

Pull on your lederhosen and grab a stein of beer. It's time for Oktoberfest with Princess Cruises! More than 6 million people celebrate this 16-day annual fair in Munich, Germany each year, commemorating the 1810 royal wedding of King Ludwig I to Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. On our Oktoberfest cruise vacations, polka music fills the air, leg-slapping dancers perform in Bavarian garb, squeezebox classes are a gas for all involved and the "kinder" can try their hand at pretzel making.

Featured Oktoberfest Activities:

• Cultural trivia
  • Traditional dance & language classes
  • Beer tasting

Yeah, lots of talk, not much action on our cruise.

Jim

Just off the Crown and they had one evening where they had entertainment in the Piazza with the staff and musicians dressed in Bavarian attire. I see in the patter they also had a Bavarian Hat Making session in the afternoon. We didn't really participate in these so I can't comment.

The one thing DH liked was that they had larger bottles of Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen beer (included in the drink package) for the entire cruise. :D

Also just off the Crown, and yes, they had Paulaner beer 500ml bottles. Worked out at $9.14 approx after the 15% gratuity was added.

Paulener is one of my favorite beers & hopefully they'll have it available on our upcoming Royal Princess cruise. :beer-mug: