Are there any other snorkel tours besides....

monakayk

:confused: Are there any other local snorkel tour companies besides Woodwinds & Renee on Bonaire?

Even though they both have great reviews from CC members, we are not interested in snorkeling from shore...so that counts Renee out. Also, we would need some sort of shade on the boat ..so that counts Woodwinds out, since I have seen photos of their boats--no shade on them.

We would love to take a 3 hours snorkel tour, but really would absolutely NEED shade on the boat. Any suggestions would be appreciate. We prefer to use a local tour company instead of the ship's tours.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
:confused: Are there any other local snorkel tour companies besides Woodwinds & Renee on Bonaire?

Even though they both have great reviews from CC members, we are not interested in snorkeling from shore...so that counts Renee out. Also, we would need some sort of shade on the boat ..so that counts Woodwinds out, since I have seen photos of their boats--no shade on them.

We would love to take a 3 hours snorkel tour, but really would absolutely NEED shade on the boat. Any suggestions would be appreciate. We prefer to use a local tour company instead of the ship's tours.

Thanks in advance.

You're not getting much help on this one are you?? :(:(:)

You could hang out in the cabin of the Woodwinds catamaran- it is accessible to the customers. It might be kind of stuffy for a long period though. When the sail is up, there is partial shade available. The tour last 5 hours as well.

You could hang out in the cabin of the Woodwinds catamaran- it is accessible to the customers. It might be kind of stuffy for a long period though. When the sail is up, there is partial shade available. The tour last 5 hours as well.

Thanks for the suggestion...and I did think of that, but my DH is the one who burns horribly when in the Sun. He would not like to spend most of the time on the boat inside....sort of defeats the purpose of going on a sailboat as far as he is concerned.

I did find a local tour company: Compass Bonaire....seems they have a good amount of shade on their sailboats:

http://www.compassbonaire.com/page/cruises/

Are there folks out there that have used this tour company before? What did you think of the tour?

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Bonaire last March and booked an excursion through a boat called the "Cow". The crew was wonderful and we had a great time. If you google "the cow bonaire" I'm sure you'll get to their website. It's called "The Cow" because the boat is painted like one.

On woodwinds the ride is not long and the sail is about transportation. This trip is about the snorkeling and not the catamaran ride unlike most other excursions where the sailing is great in and of itself.

I must say that this excursion was very professionally done and overall one of the best snorkeling experiences we've ever had, and we've done a fair amount of snorkeling.

I have a review and photos on my photo site at: Bonaire  Morning sail in viewed from our veranda

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I booked with Compass Bonaire....seems they have a good amount of shade on their sailboats:

http://www.compassbonaire.com/page/cruises/

I'll post a review about them when we get back to let everyone know how it went.

Mona

I'm also interested in this excursion. Where should I look for your review?

Archived