Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Cruise Critic Message Board Forums (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php)
-   Red Hot Rubies (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=786)
-   -   Illinois Cruisers (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676057)

PookyCat July 23rd, 2012 01:35 PM

Illinois Cruisers

Since we are such a large group, I was interested in determining how many of us are from Illinois. If there are enough of us, maybe we could set up our own meet and greet meeting in the middle of the state for lunch some day???

Thoughts? Anyone interested?

Solara August 23rd, 2012 11:25 PM

We are from Illinois & would be interested in meeting!

Donna

PookyCat August 24th, 2012 05:20 PM

Well Donna that at least makes 2 of us! What part of the state are you located in? I'm up near the Chicago area.

Melanie

cruzingramma August 24th, 2012 06:21 PM

We are in Chicago area as well!!

PookyCat August 24th, 2012 11:12 PM

Where? I'm not too far from Joliet.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Solara August 24th, 2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PookyCat (Post 35072121)
Well Donna that at least makes 2 of us! What part of the state are you located in? I'm up near the Chicago area.

Melanie

We are in the Chicago area too.

Donna

cruzingramma August 26th, 2012 10:02 AM

We are in Hanover Park.....which is, unfortunately, NO WHERE NEAR a cruise port! :(

PookyCat August 26th, 2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruzingramma (Post 35090266)
We are in Hanover Park.....which is, unfortunately, NO WHERE NEAR a cruise port! :(

But at least it is pretty much equidistant to fly to the coastal ports!

Hornet August 27th, 2012 11:33 AM

Finally, a group from IL. We've been on vacation and I just noticed this thread. We're also from the suburbs of Chicago. We'd be interested in getting together as well.
Gail (and Tom)

PookyCat August 30th, 2012 08:48 AM

Ok - so far here is our group of Illinoisians:

PookyCat Melanie Chicago(Joliet)
Solara Donna and ??????? Chicago
Cruzingramma Jill and ????? Chicago(Hanover Park)
Hornet Gail and Tom Chicago

I know we are still a fairly small group, but maybe we should think about where and when to meet.

Since we all seem to be suburban, how about somewhere around Woodfield Mall? (I only picked that because I just recently moved here and don't know much about the are at all!) Please put any other suggestions on the "table"!

Melanie

Solara August 30th, 2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PookyCat (Post 35145362)
Ok - so far here is our group of Illinoisians:

PookyCat Melanie Chicago(Joliet)
Solara Donna and ??????? Chicago
Cruzingramma Jill and ????? Chicago(Hanover Park)
Hornet Gail and Tom Chicago

I know we are still a fairly small group, but maybe we should think about where and when to meet.

Since we all seem to be suburban, how about somewhere around Woodfield Mall? (I only picked that because I just recently moved here and don't know much about the are at all!) Please put any other suggestions on the "table"!

Melanie

We are Donna & Mike. By Woodfield sounds good. Lots of choices.

Donna

cruzingramma August 31st, 2012 04:56 PM

Jill and John.....Woodfield is nearby us as well!

mwvcruiser September 2nd, 2012 11:14 PM

Chicago

Hi last time I checked this thread there was one entry. Yea ! there is really a group of us! We are Margy and Jerry and Woodfield Mall area is close to us.
It would be fun to get together before our Royal adventure!

PookyCat September 2nd, 2012 11:27 PM

I'm really glad to see this group growing! Would those of you near Woodfield have places to recommend for a meeting? I'm assuming that dinner would be preferred? Maybe look at dates in October?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Hornet September 3rd, 2012 08:16 AM

Woodfield would be fine for us too - about 45 min. north of us. I thought there was a Maggiano's outside the mall. Just checked and it is still there and was very good.

Gail

cruzingramma September 4th, 2012 10:56 AM

LOVE LOVE Maggianos!!!! Mid-end of October works for us! We're heading to New Mexico on a "road trip" Oct 1-10! Hubby wants to "look for"aliens in Roswell!!!!

Solara September 4th, 2012 11:22 AM

I just posted this link on the main Royal thread so maybe we will get others to join us.

Just throwing out other restaurants since everything you can imagine is by Woodfield. Suggestions would be Wildfire, Cheesecake Factory and lots more. I agree with the others that Maggianos is very good.

End of October will not work for us as we will be on a cruise and not back until November 10th. We also have an out of town wedding earlier in October. If possible maybe we can try for mid November before the holidays start.

Donna

Carolina Cruisers 2 September 4th, 2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solara (Post 35207278)
I just posted this link on the main Royal thread so maybe we will get others to join us.

Just throwing out other restaurants since everything you can imagine is by Woodfield. Suggestions would be Wildfire, Cheesecake Factory and lots more. I agree with the others that Maggianos is very good.

End of October will not work for us as we will be on a cruise and not back until November 10th. We also have an out of town wedding earlier in October. If possible maybe we can try for mid November before the holidays start.

Donna

Hello Rockin Royals,
Great to see you folks planning your M&G. Wishing you a fun time and look forward to meeting y'all on the ship.

Hornet September 4th, 2012 09:41 PM

We're on the same cruise as Donna, so won't be back until Nov 10. We'll also be on the two B2B's before this cruise starting 10/20. Mid Nov would be okay for us.
Gail

Solara September 4th, 2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolina Cruisers 2 (Post 35215018)
Hello Rockin Royals,
Great to see you folks planning your M&G. Wishing you a fun time and look forward to meeting y'all on the ship.

Hi Franky,

Looking forward to meeting you too.

Donna