10 gold stars for V Australia Airlines

I just wanted to post here how wonderful V Australia was for me. I fly about 100,000 miles a year and can say my flight last week on V Australia airlines from LAX to Sydney was probably the nicest flight I have ever had. The flight attendants were sooo friendly and always had a smile. You can tell they really enjoy their job. Even in coach class for the first meal we had three options and came with salad, cheese and crackers, bread and tiramisu for dessert. The breakfast options was eggs or french toast with a fruit topping. I liked how they had water fountains in the cabin and the mood lighting was great. They turn the stars on at night ;-).

Anyway I just wanted to share my great experience with this new airline.

I just wanted to post here how wonderful V Australia was for me. I fly about 100,000 miles a year and can say my flight last week on V Australia airlines from LAX to Sydney was probably the nicest flight I have ever had. The flight attendants were sooo friendly and always had a smile. You can tell they really enjoy their job. Even in coach class for the first meal we had three options and came with salad, cheese and crackers, bread and tiramisu for dessert. The breakfast options was eggs or french toast with a fruit topping. I liked how they had water fountains in the cabin and the mood lighting was great. They turn the stars on at night ;-).

Anyway I just wanted to share my great experience with this new airline.

Yay, I am so glad you have posted this. We are booked on V Australia for our trip to LA and return next Feb.

Thank you.

Yes, I've flown V Australia and they're great. A few teething issues, but the main issue is comfort in the flight and that's tops. Sounds like the OP travelled Premium Economy (or Business) though as the stars aren't in regular economy.

They are linked with Virgin Blue and its a shame because they are NOTHING like each other in service. There is nothing "no thrills low cost" about them.

They are linked with Virgin Blue because DJ owns them and from all reports are the only thing keeping V Australia flying at the moment. I hope things pick up soon and they become profitable and therefore stay flying the Pacific.

I'm quite concerned about V Australia. I hope they get a fair crack of the whip and get a chance to demonstrate what they can do, commercially. It's been really bad timing for them, both from generally launching into this deep trough, and also from having missed the best part of the year due to Boeing's problems.

I'm also hoping V Australia manages to get sufficient load factors to make the Pacific Route profitable for them, in the longer term.

With the reduction in service on American Airlines, V Australia should prove very popular.

Did you see that they now advertise a one way fare, LA to Sydney, which would be perfect for connecting with a trans Pacific cruise?

I love the way they think outside the box!! They deserve success!!

ohioNCLcruiser - so pleased you had an enjoyable flight. Good luck with your new cruising posting.

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to let anyone else know that may have booked a flight from the US to Melbourne on V Aust. for a cruise before December, that they have cancelled their plans to fly into Melbourne. We are on the Princess Star cruise October 24th and booked flights into Melbourne from Los Angeles 10 days before the cruise to see other cities. If I had not been reading the Sydney Morning Herald on line today I never would have known this. I called VAust and the guy confirmed it and said I would be contacted in a few weeks as to whether we would be flying into Sydney now or Brisbane. I then asked if he would fix our forward flights into Hobart that we have on VirginBlue from Melbourne and he said no, I would have to do that myself. Can't fix it because they can't say if we will be in Sydney or Brisbane and can't tell me when they plan to let me know. Hope it's before we check in at LA- just be prepared for a full flight if you are traveling on the 13th of Oct to Sydney. And to make things worse, they are still selling tickets to Melbourne as of today on their site. Hope no one gets bumped.

Just want to let anyone else know that may have booked a flight from the US to Melbourne on V Aust. for a cruise before December, that they have cancelled their plans to fly into Melbourne. We are on the Princess Star cruise October 24th and booked flights into Melbourne from Los Angeles 10 days before the cruise to see other cities. If I had not been reading the Sydney Morning Herald on line today I never would have known this. I called VAust and the guy confirmed it and said I would be contacted in a few weeks as to whether we would be flying into Sydney now or Brisbane. I then asked if he would fix our forward flights into Hobart that we have on VirginBlue from Melbourne and he said no, I would have to do that myself. Can't fix it because they can't say if we will be in Sydney or Brisbane and can't tell me when they plan to let me know. Hope it's before we check in at LA- just be prepared for a full flight if you are traveling on the 13th of Oct to Sydney. And to make things worse, they are still selling tickets to Melbourne as of today on their site. Hope no one gets bumped.

I cant find where you have found this in the Herald. All I can find is an article about V Australia increasing it's services into Melbourne.

See below:

To celebrate the launch, special sale fares to Phuket and Johannesburg will go on sale Monday, August 17, at 1400 AEST on the airline's website.

Flights to Phuket will be on sale for $399 one way in economy class, $899 one way in premium economy class and $1499 one way in business class.

Flights to Johannesburg will be on sale for $1899 return for economy class, $2999 return for premium economy and $5999 return for international business class.

All fares are fully inclusive of taxes and surcharges.

The airline is also strengthening its focus on Melbourne, launching twice weekly flights from Melbourne to Los Angeles from December 1.

Virgin Blue chief executive Brett Godfrey said the airline believes its new destinations offer very exciting opportunities.

"Travellers outbound will experience Australian aviation at its best to the USA, Thailand and South Africa and we have high hopes for inbound tourism as we work with partners in our new markets to help develop traffic into Australia via Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne," he said today.

I for one am booked onto a flight from Brisbane to LA in February next year and am looking forward to it.

I have not heard anything about reduced flights out or into any city in Australia. They don't have flights departing from every city every day yet so you may just have to change your day one day either side.

Just another note: if you have booked to fly into Melbourne and get sent to Sydney they will give you a connecting flight into Melbourne with virgin blue and you will probably find that it will be included in the price you have been given. You might lose an hour or two having to do the connecting flight but you will still get there.

Enjoy your holiday........

It was a bit further down the page-

In the latest sign of the extent of the difficulties it is having on the trans-Pacific route, V Australia has delayed the start of flights between Melbourne and Los Angeles by three months to December 1 and will offer only two services a week instead of the planned three.

They have delayed flights into Melbourne till December- originally I think they were to start next month. I bought our tickets in February for October. I just didn't want anyone traveling now to Dec. thinking the flight still existed.

However- I called them back to get my new changes and I spoke with the best customer service people around. They were amazing, fixed everything with no cost to us. Will now fly into Sydney and go from there to Hobart. The airpass people with Virgin Blue fixed their records to show I will miss the first part of our flights and all should be wonderful. (except we went from an empty plane with lots of space to lay down on the flight to a packed one- but at least we will be there!!!!)

Archived