February 17-24, 2018 - It's Gonna Be Magical - or was it? My review.

GeorgiaMomof4

Good afternoon!

We are just back from our 7 day Western Caribbean cruise on the Magic.

I'll be doing a short review (probably mostly without pictures - I'll explain later) but thought if any of

you had questions and were cruising on the Magic this weekend I'll try and answer them if I can.

Hopefully I can get started posting this afternoon or tonight.

Thanks again - don't forget to send questions if you have them.

OK, hopefully I can get started now.

I've posted a few reviews but just for introduction purposes I'll tell you a little about us. I'm Angela, 52 and my DH is Glen, 54. We now have 6 children - not 4 as in my user name! They range in ages from 23 down to 3 - oldest 2 are biological and youngest 4 are adopted with the exception of 1 who we have permanent custody of! Our oldest 2 didn't get to cruise with us this time because of their college schedules and we ended up having to take our 15 and 13 year olds out of school for 3 days because their winter break was broken up into 2 weeks - Thursday and Friday and then Monday and Tuesday of the next week. Don't even get me started on that one!

We booked this cruise in July, 2016 so we had a LONG time to wait to cruise. Fortunately, we did some cruises in between.

There were 19 of us that ended up going on this cruise - our son's biological Dad and some of his family, as well as some other friends and their families.

I probably drove my wonderful PVP crazy because we had so many changes this time. I had originally booked my oldest daughter to cruise with us because our kids are normally always out for the entire week of President's Day but the calendar changed and since she is in her last semester of college and student teaching full time she couldn't get the days

off to cruise with us. There were also 2 divorces in 2 of the families going with us so we had a lot of cancelling, shuffling, name changing, etc. going on. Our PVP was a Godsend and I am every so grateful for him. He was a trooper through it all. I told him one day that we all had those people we dealt with at work that we went home and told our spouses about and I could only imagine what he went home and told his wife about "that crazy lady from Georgia".

Looking forward to your review!! We'll be sailing the Magic on May 19th!! :-)

Looking forward to your review. I'm booked on the Magic Western Caribbean in October with my grandkids and their parents.

Thanks for following along!

Looking forward to seeing if you enjoyed the Magic as much as we did. :cool:

We did enjoy it - just had some hiccups! I'm honored that you're following along - won't never be able to live up to

a Jamman review! Love the reviews you and Patti do!

Sorry - kind of got side tracked.

So, in my family it was myself, DH, Hope - 15, Collin - 13, William - 4 and Justin - 3. This was William and Justin's first

cruise. Then we had Steven, Tia, Shiloh, Jeff, Logan, Donna, Shane, Brandi, Brylee, Ronnie, Lisa, Andrew and Megan.

As I said earlier, our school system completely messed up winter break but we decided to take advantage of it. I worked on

Thursday, came home and packed some last minute items and we loaded up and headed out. Collin was riding down with his

Dad so it was just the 5 of us.

We stopped off in Atlanta to eat dinner with Lindsey (our daughter who attends college in Atlanta) and to visit with her for a little while. Afterwards we were back on the road. I made reservations for us to stay in Valdosta for Thursday night. Glen has some health issues and has trouble riding for long distances so this would help to break up the trip for him and the driving for me. We arrived in Valdosta about midnight or a little later. I had gotten us a room at the Howard Johnson's kind of last minute. It was a decent price and the hotel was ok for 1 night but I wouldn't have wanted to stay longer - no free breakfast either.

You would have thought that since I'd only slept about 4 hours Wednesday night I would have been exhausted but I guess I

was all wired up and couldn't sleep. Seems like it was 2 or 3 before I finally dozed off. We were up again about 7:30 and showered and hit the road again.

We had a planned stop in Ormond Beach, FL just above Daytona for the day on Friday. We own a timeshare there and were

gonna spend the day at our resort and let the kids play on the beach and swim. We got into Ormond about 10:45 and made a pit stop at the Walmart and got some sandwich stuff and headed on to the condo.

It was a gorgeous day and I just put my swimsuit on and sat on the beach while the boys played in the water. I thought the water was cold but it didn't seem to deter the boys. We'd had about a week of rain before we left home so Glen decided he

would take the car and have it washed. We just hung out all afternoon and then headed on to Titusville to spend Friday night.

Now, we normally would have stayed Friday night in Ormond and driven to the port on Saturday morning but when we booked

our cruise it didn't even occur to me that it was Speed Week in Daytona. Rooms were outrageous even with our owner's discount. Luckily I had found this out early and we booked rooms at the Best Western Space Shuttle Inn in Titusville for about $55.00 on Priceline. We had 3 rooms there as Ronnie, Lisa, Andrew and Megan had one, Donna, Shane, Brandi and Brylee had one and we had one. Steven and his crew decided they were gonna spend the night in Jacksonville and drive down to Port Canaveral from there on Saturday morning.

We all met up Friday evening and decided to go eat dinner at the restaurant onsite at the Best Western called Durango's Steakhouse. It was good - standard steakhouse type food. The menu resembled Texas Roadhouse or maybe Logan's and the prices were about the same - maybe a tad higher.

Everyone was tired from travelling so we headed back to our rooms to get ready for our big day on Saturday.

I do have a few pictures, but I'm having trouble getting them uploaded and posted here. I'll keep working on it but unfortunately there aren't many pictures that I have to post for this review.

More tomorrow - hopefully!