Carnival vs. RC

SpeedsterX

I made a video this year comparing the 2. I came away with (IMO) listing Carnival the better cruise experience. I know it is long but you can always fast forward to what you think is important. Let me know what you think.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl1d3Dcg4F8

We were on the Harmony in September and loved it. Just went on the Carnival Magic and didn't really care for it. Next cruise a 3 day on the Disney Dream taking the kids and grand kids for my retirement party. 12 of us. this will be cruise #27

Everyone has their own opinion on what line they like. All have pros and cons. Why are you on Carnival board if you prefer RCL?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree... That poster appears to always be more negative.... I have noticed he leaves his mark on almost every lines forum.... and his/her responses are usually short. That should tell you something!

I've only cruised in the Mediterranean, for me Carnival was much better. Better food, better atmosphere, better staff and better ships equals a better experience. I found RCI staff to be very pushy throughout the cruise trying to sell. I would love Carnival to have a permanent presence in Europe.

Agree... That poster appears to always be more negative.... I have noticed he leaves his mark on almost every lines forum.... and his/her responses are usually short. That should tell you something!

.......albeit brief

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been on 91 Carnival cruises and 34 RCI cruises. There have been truly outstanding cruises on both lines and some that were just okay. Carnival. on the average, is less expensive but the high level perks are better on RCI. Taken overall RCI's ships are a little nicer.

My history is somewhat similar to yours and I agree with you. Both cruise lines are a lot of fun but I give the slight edge to RCI for their ship designs and live entertainment.

• 2 weeks later...

I really do like both but in my own experience, I really do like Carnival just a tad better although as the other poster stated, I do think RCL's ships are a bit nicer and I like the Promenade being long and through the ship. To each their own I guess.

I made a video this year comparing the 2. I came away with (IMO) listing Carnival the better cruise experience. I know it is long but you can always fast forward to what you think is important. Let me know what you think.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl1d3Dcg4F8
Is there a certain point at which you made the comparison. What I saw was just a Harmony review. I did just bounce around, not watch through.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

Is there a certain point at which you made the comparison. What I saw was just a Harmony review. I did just bounce around, not watch through.

Yea, I know it's long. I make my video's much shorter now. Yes, there are parts throughout that I mention the difference in the cruise lines such as wait times, cellphone services, etc. They are sprinkled throughout.

Yea, I know it's long. I make my video's much shorter now. Yes, there are parts throughout that I mention the difference in the cruise lines such as wait times, cellphone services, etc. They are sprinkled throughout.
Thanks for the reply. I didn't notice any difference in wait times, but I'm not always paying attention to that. In fact I wad surprised that it never felt crowded on the Freedom or Oasis.

You did remind me of another Carnival plus... the Hub App. That is a real plus for Carnival and we missed it a lot on Royal.

I'll let you know. I've been on 5 RCL cruises (from Allure down to Majesty) and enjoyed all of them (with a few negatives along the way.) I'm excited to try my first Carnival cruise in two weeks. I've heard good and bad things - (as I had with RCL) but I am anxious to form my own opinion.

People are comparing Food, Entertainment, Design & Price. Between the 2. The thing I find is; The fellow Passangers (The people who i have to interact with on these journey's). With Carnival they are so much more Freindly & Layed-back & enjoyable. While on RCL They are Pushy & Rude & Stuck-Up. I do work in customer service (Run a large retail business) & i can see this.. It might be just here in Australia.. But I get told where are the friendliest people on the planet. Just my observation..

Been on 1 RCL and 5 Carnival. RCL cruise was my first. But when I have the option EVERYNIGHT of going to the Piano Bar (not a lounge lizard piano player, but a real song a long piano bar) and/or comedian it was hands down Carnival for my cruising money.

I think my RCL cruise had maybe 2 or 3 nights of a comedian and NO sing a long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is like children, you can't pick a favorite! sometimes they are good and sometimes bad! I have always received a better deal for the most part on Carnival but I have had great cruises on RCI owned lines , Celebrity and Azamara.

It is like children, you can't pick a favorite! sometimes they are good and sometimes bad! I have always received a better deal for the most part on Carnival but I have had great cruises on RCI owned lines , Celebrity and Azamara.

I always say, any cruise is a good cruise if you make it a good cruise. It is what you make of it. If I want something more laid back I go with RCCL. If I want to "let my hair down" a bit and do a bit of partying, I go with Carnival.