Harwich to Heathrow

Geezy Rider

We're booked on Jewel of the Seas, disembarking in Harwich on Sunday 8/19/12. Is it practical to consider catching a flight departing Heathrow that same day at 12:15pm?

Or should we just plan on staying overnight somewhere and catching that same flight the next day?

Any suggestions and opinions would be most appreciated!

Doc & Lin from Arizona

Jewel of the Seas Baltic cruise 8/7 thru 8/19

I would hate to offer advice here as I have never had to do that journey before but I would say you would need to be at LHR at 915 for check in and depending on how you were going to be getting there you would be hard pressed. JMO. Suggest you ask on the British Isles board here where you will find others who have had to manage that route.

Sorry but I would have to say that's cutting it too close for me..Why not take the early morning train from Harwich (right next to where Jewel docks) into London and stay for the night and catch a flight the next day..But flying out the same day considering the distance especially a 12:15pm flight from LHR..might end up being very stressful..Enjoy the Jewel we did this same cruise last August.. :)

Harwich to LHR you will need to travel some way around the M25, this could take hours depending on traffic. According to a routplanner, it is 113 miles and should be completed in 1hur 45 minutes. So off the ship by say 9:00, hire car or taxi add another 15 minutes plus travel time, you could be there by 11;00am. Personally, I would stay the extra day its a bit fine IMO

Just did this cruise in May. You will be off the ship in plenty of time. I think tou arrive in Harwich at 5AM. We opted to spend a night in England and do an early morning flight the next day. The RCCL tour of London and transport to airport hotels was only about $10 more than just the transport to the airport and was a pretty enjoyable tour of the city. There is also a great pub that will pick up and deliver back to airport hotels for those folks staying overnight. Check out http://www.oldenglishpub.com for a peek at what is now my favorite watering hole in the world.

I live about 10 miles from Harwich, whenever we have to catch a flight out of Heathrow before 1 pm we usually stay the night before, if travelling to Heathrow by car you would need to travel down the A12 (worst road in England and the M25 2nd worst road) and if you use the trains on a Sunday you would not make it on time. Enjoy London for the day!

Lesley

:o

Archived