Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Cruise Critic Message Board Forums (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php)
-   Cruise Reviews of the Week (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=734)
-   -   Reviews of the Week by ssawjo, debbiedu, hofnors, Crusinwithfamily, and Keith1010 (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2510936)

CC Help Michell June 15th, 2017 07:17 AM

Reviews of the Week by ssawjo, debbiedu, hofnors, Crusinwithfamily, and Keith1010

Every Thursday, we'll select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Sun Princess Great Cruise for WWII History by ssawjo
The buffet for dinner was adequate. It was nice not to have to dress for dinner for once. We had most of our breakfasts in the Horizon Court and everything was good, except the coffee, which tasted like yesterday's dish water. We did go to the MDR once for breakfast but it just seemed to drag, so that was it for us. After eating breakfast, we usually went to the International Café for real coffee and a danish. Lunch was wherever we felt like, Trident Grill, the buffet, or the MDR. BTW, the pizza on the Sun is terrible. I can make a better frozen pizza which is what it tasted like. I miss Alfredo's from years past. Kai Sushi Restaurant was mostly empty when I walked past. Shares was a little more busy and those who ate there enjoyed it very much...Read More

Admiralty Dream Alaskan Dream cruise truly lives up to its name by debbiedu After boarding the Admiralty Dream ,we were taken to a private island for dinner at the Orca Point Lodge which was incredible in both cuisine and location. Onboard, I found my single cabin #202 to be well-appointed and spacious with two comfy twin beds (which I switched off every night lol) plenty of storage, under bed and in a deep closet, as well as a large picture window allowing for wonderful scenic views. The "shotoilet", as I dubbed the combo toilet and shower, were the epitome of maritime efficiency, stocked with locally made toiletries...Read More

Celebrity Infinity Almost Perfect by hofnors We didn't eat in the buffet for dinner, but the breakfasts, lunches and ice-cream were great, especially the eggs benedict and sandwich bars. They had brie for every lunch, and always fresh sweet juicy fruit -- the pineapple an watermelon were always perfect. The MDR lunches and dinners were usually very good, but there were a couple of misses, e.g., undercooking the short ribs. I found the desserts subpar in all the venues except Café Al Bacio (which has great mini lemon tarts). We tried each of the specialty restaurants once...Read More

Oasis of the Seas Now for something completely different by Crusinwithfamily
The entertainment is also so diverse. From the Broadway show "Cats", the arial acrobatic, the high diving/gymnastics water theatre or ice skating, the musicians, comedians, Dreamworks characters, 3D Movies, game shows, etc it's hard to get board. The entertainment team must be huge! Overall, we were impressed with the talents of so many. The Royal Promenade (aka shopping mall) opens up the entertainment options as well with the parades and other events...Read More

Crystal Serenity A Family Affair by Keith1010 The food was as good if not better then ever. The dining room menus were diverse and offered many choices each evening and we thought portion size was terrific. This extended beyond the Crystal Dining Room to other areas where we ate including the Lido Cafe at lunchtime. Although we didn't eat at Silk Road (our children and spouses did) we thoroughly enjoyed the food that we ordered in from that restaurant as we did the Prego Italian Restaurant. In the case of Prego we tried several items we had either never had or hadn't had in year and found thoroughly enjoy each one... Read More

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your review could be featured, and *you* could receive some logo stuff before your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review