City Break to Bruges - transfer question

Frontera2

Hi,

I'm taking my elderly parents on the "mini cruise / city break" to Bruges on the 11th April.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the shuttle bus would be running from the cruise terminal to Blankenburg (I think that's the correct spelling) which is what happened the last time I took a mini cruise to Bruges. The cost of the shore excursion - effectively a coach ride to Bruges and back - at £35 per person is extorionate and I would rather take the normal SNCB train from Blankenburg to Bruges at a cost of a few euros each!

Thanks in advance...

Hi, it is a long walk from the station into Bruges, if you can try and arrange a taxi with a few others - they take up to 8 people and you can share the cost between you. We had a taxi between 6 and it cost us 20 euros each. It took us right into the square and was waiting for us in the same spot to take us back. It is a lot easier and the people who got the train found it hard going and quite a few ended up getting a taxi back to the port or to the station.

When we went to Bruges,we took the shuttle bus to Blankenberge but just missed the train and there is only 1 an hour.We asked the staff on the shuttle bus and they directed us to a bus stop nearby.It took a little longer than the train but was quite cheap and quite a pleasant trip.

Archived