Vegan and Vegetarian Meals on Carnival Inspiration. My Review with Pics.

Cocoanib

Hi everyone!

I thought that I would cross post my review here, so that anyone planning to cruise with a veg*n diet could find it.

I searched all over CC for help and suggestions before cruising, so I'm hoping that my review helps others as well.

In short, the food was Awesome and we had so much to choose from!

Here's my review currently in progress.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1556884

So far, I've covered eating on the lido upon arrival and first night dinner.

• 2 weeks later...

Cocanib...Very nice review. Great pictures! Thanks for sharing the food pics. These are excellent guides for vegans and vegetarians to see the variety available and willingness of Carnival staff/kitchen to accommodate special needs. We're not vegan or veggie but we've found Carnival's veggie dishes to be excellent and will typically order at least one vegetarian dish to share off the menu each night. We've substituted whole meals off the Vegetarian options in th epast when the regular menu isn't to our liking. And their take on Indian food is quite good. As I tend eat more Mediterranean, these dishes really help keep me from going off course too much with the meat and taters. I'll certainly be on the look out for the veggie sushi on our upcoming cruise, albeit, I love the fish stuff.

Thanks so much for posting this here! I never would have found your review otherwise!

You're welcome, I'm glad you found it!

Cocanib...Very nice review. Great pictures! Thanks for sharing the food pics. These are excellent guides for vegans and vegetarians to see the variety available and willingness of Carnival staff/kitchen to accommodate special needs. We're not vegan or veggie but we've found Carnival's veggie dishes to be excellent and will typically order at least one vegetarian dish to share off the menu each night. We've substituted whole meals off the Vegetarian options in th epast when the regular menu isn't to our liking. And their take on Indian food is quite good. As I tend eat more Mediterranean, these dishes really help keep me from going off course too much with the meat and taters. I'll certainly be on the look out for the veggie sushi on our upcoming cruise, albeit, I love the fish stuff.

Oh yes, try the veg sushi! The fella behind me in line at the sushi cart inquired about the veg sushi after I ordered it and he wound up getting it as well. He was a meat eater and loved it.

I was so impressed with how wonderful and accomodating the dining room staff were!

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you so much for thinking of posting here, too! So considerateof you! Looking forward to reading more!

I need to travel with some of the vegans on this board who seem to have no problem with vegan meals on these cruise ships.

We just came back from a 7 day cruise and 3 days in, I was ready to fly back home. In spite of the promises of being able to make vegan meals, I kept getting served items with milk, cream or cheese in it. The Lido deck had sliced fruit and raw veggies. All the other items had dairy of some kind in it. Vegetarian meals are not a problem, so folks in that realm will be more than satisfied.

It took 5 days of going through the chains of command until I finally got a

"vegan menu."

My advice to vegans thinking about cruising, ASK for a menu before you book it. If you already have booked and don't have a menu, do be prepared to pack some items to take with you.

I need to travel with some of the vegans on this board who seem to have no problem with vegan meals on these cruise ships.

We just came back from a 7 day cruise and 3 days in, I was ready to fly back home. In spite of the promises of being able to make vegan meals, I kept getting served items with milk, cream or cheese in it. The Lido deck had sliced fruit and raw veggies. All the other items had dairy of some kind in it. Vegetarian meals are not a problem, so folks in that realm will be more than satisfied.

It took 5 days of going through the chains of command until I finally got a

"vegan menu."

My advice to vegans thinking about cruising, ASK for a menu before you book it. If you already have booked and don't have a menu, do be prepared to pack some items to take with you.

So sorry that happened to you!

You should not have to pack food with you, except for snacks. You should have delicious food like everyone else on the cruise.

I do think it has something to do with the host/hostess and chef. If they are unwilling to accomodate or not very knowledgable about vegan food, I could see it being quite difficult to get a good meal.

If vegans keep speaking up before boarding, in the diningroom and in comments to carnival, the food selection and service is bound to get better.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived