Pacific Coach Lines - Victoria to cruise terminals

After researching these boards I think we have decided to fly into Victoria, see the sights and then take the Pacific Coach Line that leaves Victoria around 9:00 a.m. and arrives at the cruise terminals at approx. 1:45 p.m. The ship departs at 5:00 p.m. I was hoping that someone had actual experience with the Pacific Coach Line and taking this route. If you have used this mode of transportation can you comment on your experience? Did you purchase tickets online or on the day of your departure? Would we risk not getting on the bus if we waited to purchase tickets the day before leaving Victoria? Do they have adequate space for luggage?

Pacific Coach Lines takes reservations for this route which you can book while you are

in Victoria. We live on Vancouver Island and have used this service as well as the

service to Vancouver Airport and it is very reliable. Tickets can be purchased in advance at the

depot in Victoria.

I appreciate your comments. It helps to get first hand comments rather than just FAQ from a web site. A personal perspective is always nice. :D

I've never taken it to the cruise terminal, but I have ridden PCL dozens of times. The Victoria side is located on the SE corner of the Empress hotel property (Douglas @ Bellville), and there wont be a problem with luggage, it'll all just get loaded below.

I have used this service before and will be using PCL again in September. They require advanced reservations so they know how many buses they need. You can pick up and pay for your tickets the day you travel, you just need to make the reservation in advance. Be at the bus terminal around 9:15 a.m. The bus leaves at 9:45 a.m., takes the 11 a.m. ferry and arrives at the pier around 1:45 p.m.

One of the "perks" of using PCL is that when you arrive at Canada Place, the driver will off load your luggage from the bus and get it to the baggage handlers, which means so you don't have to worry about tipping the handlers (I've never tipped the driver btw). One of the few times you don't have to worry about tipping.

Thanks so much to Scottbee and Luckysll (I am Sandy also...). This is exactly why I like this site so much. So much first hand info to be gotten. It helps the planning process greatly. :D

I have used this service before and will be using PCL again in September. They require advanced reservations so they know how many buses they need. You can pick up and pay for your tickets the day you travel, you just need to make the reservation in advance. Be at the bus terminal around 9:15 a.m. The bus leaves at 9:45 a.m., takes the 11 a.m. ferry and arrives at the pier around 1:45 p.m.

One of the "perks" of using PCL is that when you arrive at Canada Place, the driver will off load your luggage from the bus and get it to the baggage handlers, which means so you don't have to worry about tipping the handlers (I've never tipped the driver btw). One of the few times you don't have to worry about tipping.

I used PCL once from Victoria to Vancouver downtown and it was an easy ride and on time.

I know most people don't tip bus drivers but I do. Not much, about 2$ pp but I figure if everyone would give them a dollar or two, it would make a nice amount on top of their normal pay for getting us safely to destination.

I have known people from Victoria who have done this and have been most pleased. PCL is a long established company, most reliable and has reservations on sailings of the ferries. You should not have a problem in the world.

Archived