"LIVE" from the Explorer 11/04/07

Radio

Hello everyone. . . It is once again that I invite you onboard the beautiful Explorer of the Seas.

I am heading up to Bayonne, NJ today (Cape Liberty Cruise Port), and will be staying overnight(should arrive in Bayonne by 3PM) for my 7 night Explorer cruise tomorrow.

This will be the only 7 night cruise by the Explorer of the Seas in 2007. It has an unusual itinerary. . . . we will be going to Bermuda and Boston !

The forecast is calling for 76f and sunny in Bermuda, and about 50f and raining in Boston ! The weather will not be a problem with me however. . .

I will be happy to be onboard a very beautiful ship, and 8 days of relaxation. It should be lots of fun !

I will be providing daily photos of the ship, public areas, activities. . . as well as daily commentary, and I should be able to answer most questions about the Explorer of the Seas. ( a good wireless connection will be required/ or Cybercabin) I have sailed on the Explorer several times (the last time was in Aug 2006), I am looking forward to see what may have changed since I have sailed her last.

I was invited on this cruise by RCI to attend a Seminar at Sea, so on sea days I am sure I will be in some sales meetings.

So sit back. . .grab some coffee and enjoy the next 8 days on the Beautiful Explorer of the Seas ! !

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Explorer of the Seas in Labadee / Aug 2006

e9d19226-vi.jpg

Hello everyone. . . It is once again that I invite you onboard the beautiful Explorer of the Seas.

I am heading up to Bayonne, NJ today (Cape Liberty Cruise Port), and will be staying overnight(should arrive in Bayonne by 3PM) for my 7 night Explorer cruise tomorrow.

This will be the only 7 night cruise by the Explorer of the Seas in 2007. It has an unusual itinerary. . . . we will be going to Bermuda and Boston !

The forecast is calling for 76f and sunny in Bermuda, and about 50f and raining in Boston ! The weather will not be a problem with me however. . .

I will be happy to be onboard a very beautiful ship, and 8 days of relaxation. It should be lots of fun !

I will be providing daily photos of the ship, public areas, activities. . . as well as daily commentary, and I should be able to answer most questions about the Explorer of the Seas. ( a good wireless connection will be required/ or Cybercabin) I have sailed on the Explorer several times (the last time was in Aug 2006), I am looking forward to see what may have changed since I have sailed her last.

I was invited on this cruise by RCI to attend a Seminar at Sea, so on sea days I am sure I will be in some sales meetings.

So sit back. . .grab some coffee and enjoy the next 8 days on the Beautiful Explorer of the Seas ! !

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Explorer of the Seas in Labadee / Aug 2006

e9d19226-vi.jpg

Hi Radio!

Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow at the Skybar! We leave at 7am tomorrow and will drive direct to the terminal.

Oliver

Radio...I followed your last live post and enjoyed EVERY minute as well as your pictures.

We are leaving out of NJ in Feb. we are in promenade room 8611 and were wondering if there is a small lookout balcony over the promenade near that room. Could you buzz by and check for us??? Also, wondering what they are planning for sail away in the COLD???

Have a good time and enjoy!!

Just hold on to your hat, we are currently experiencing the Noel, and this area is under high wind warnings with 45+ mph winds. Love reading your posts, last time you were on the Explorer it was about a month before my first time on her.

Sounds good Oliver. . . . What time at the SkyBar ? 430 PM ?

Radio

Yes, around 4:30 - right after muster drill.

Looks like Noel will be well north of us by the time we sail. May not be as rocky a ride as I thought.

Oliver

If you go to cruisecal.com and go down to the ships at sea look for the explorer and click on the word ship next to Explorer and when it comes up scroll down and you can see the bow cam and the seas that they are in.

I see on RCCL's web site that Explorer has had to reduce speed due to high winds and is now expected to arrive at Cape Liberty Sunday at 3pm. They are advising the Nov 4th cruisers not to arrive at the terminal until 4pm.

Oliver

About time Radio! Keeping up with you will give me something to do during boring times at work!!! LOL..Bon Voyage and have a safe trip..and takes LOTS of pictures (j/k, i know what you take will suffice)!!! I'm thinking of taking the EoS later on this year. Have fun!:D :D :D

Radio,

Enjoy your trip. I loved your last live post from the Explorer. We were on her in August for a b2b and will sail out 12/2 for a 12 night. Very anxious to hear if the hot tubs in the solarium will be open when we sail. Also wondering about new activities for the cooler days.

Enjoy

Hello everyone !! I made it to Bayonne. . . well sort of. . . I am actually *near* Bayonne .It was about a 3 hour drive from my house.

The hotel I am at is actually next to the Newark International Airport (EWR). We are just across the Newark Bay from Cape Liberty Cruise Port in Bayonne.

As the crow flies. . .we are only 5 Miles from the Passenger Terminal. . . but since I am driving tomorrow; it will be a 9 mile drive.

I just read that the Explorer will arrive very late tomorrow. Hmmm. . . that means that we won't be leaving Bayonne untill about 7 or 8 PM. . . .

I always wanted to leave from the NYC area at night. It should be beautiful. ;) It might be a little cold to. . . . brrr. . . .

Thanks for all of the supportive comments, and thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Radio...always a pleasure when you do live posts. It is like we are there with you, having a good time. We are sailing on December 2 on the Explorer and this will be our first time out of Bayonne. Take lots of pictures, LOL...and enjoy your cruise.

Looks like RCCL is now calling all Nov 4th passengers and advising them of the delay. They are telling everyone not to arrive until 4pm & departure will be in the 7-8pm time frame. Wonder how hat will affect the dinner routine?

Oliver

Archived