Anyone been to Dolphine Discovery??

shorjai

I just was at Dolphin Discovery on Tortola. It's more like a 10 minute ride from the pier. I noticed you put the time from St. Thomas to Tortola. That two different islands - maybe that's the ferry timing from one to the other....

I had a great time - I did the "swim" vs. the "encounter". My DH (who won't go in the water) went as an "observer".

I believe the ferry from St. Thomas to Tortola is around 20 minutes. Then you will have to taxi to DD. You will have plenty of time to go, just leave yourself plenty of time on return in case there is some glitch with the ferry getting back to St. Thomas...You would not want to watch your ship sail off into the sunset...and enjoy Tortola. I stayed there for a week in December...and will be returning in October~:p A friend of mine did the Dolphin Discovery when we were there in Dec and enjoyed it.

I just did Dolphin Discovery in Tortola a couple of weeks ago - it was fantastic! I highly recommend doing the one where you get to do the Foot Push - amazing experience! Also - book it directly with them, rather than with the ship - much cheaper!

Yes - you can bring your own camera - you can bring waterproof cameras into the water with you, you just have to be careful not to impede the dolphins with it. I tucked mine into the front of my life vest at times, and put it on the walkways at other times and I still got great pics. They will also take pictures and a video that you can buy - they are not cheap, but well worth the extra cost for memories of a lifetime.

This was such a fun excursion! And Yes, you can bring a camera. I took great pictures of the dolphin underwater as it swims by you. I took pictures of those in my group as well and vice versa. I definitly recommend this. Once in a lifetime event!

VQUZESHUF

This was such a fun excursion! And Yes, you can bring a camera. I took great pictures of the dolphin underwater as it swims by you. I took pictures of those in my group as well and vice versa. I definitly recommend this. Once in a lifetime event!

VQUZESHUF

oh for real, we can bring our own camera??? i just called them and they said NO, we cant bring any object on hand while we in the water....... did u took the ferry from ST. thomas to tortola??????

I am a bit confused. DH and I have booked this excursion in Tortola...am I understanding correctly that the excursion is not in Tortola ? I am a bit confused. Carnival says it is a 2 hours excursion and am wondering about the timing.

I am a bit confused. DH and I have booked this excursion in Tortola...am I understanding correctly that the excursion is not in Tortola ? I am a bit confused. Carnival says it is a 2 hours excursion and am wondering about the timing.

it is in tortola if you are doing it through the ship dont worry about the time

• 1 month later...

Archived