project genesis first construction photo ?

Tuesday, 03 April, 2007

At Aker Finnyard in Turku, Finland two blocks were finished on schedule under severe weather conditions (minus 24 centigrades) last month. The blocks each weigh some 800 tons and are built in two separate elements (PS and SB). Final connection will take place in the dock on the Freedom III vessel. At the moment some 60 Genfer Lloyd co-workers are working at Finnyard under the direction of site manager Gracjan Borowiak. Work leaders are foremen Robert Adamski and Wiktor Brzostek.

Independence of the seas is much further on than this and the construction looks different bigger building blocks.

news_156_img1.jpg

Wednesday, 07 March, 2007

Construction of the “Genesis” cruise ship started at Finnyard in Turku, Finland on March 1. Aker Yard employees and Aker Yard partners, including Genfer Lloyd, were invited to celebrate the start-up with a so called “Production Cake”. The “Genesis” will be the biggest cruise ship in the entire world and its dimensions are mind boggling: length 360 meters, tonnage 190,000 GT, passenger capacity 5,400 plus 1,800 crew, cost approximately €900m. The Genfer Lloyd team will start working on the “Genesis” in September 2007.

about:blank

• 5 months later...
Tuesday, 03 April, 2007

At Aker Finnyard in Turku, Finland two blocks were finished on schedule under severe weather conditions (minus 24 centigrades) last month. The blocks each weigh some 800 tons and are built in two separate elements (PS and SB). Final connection will take place in the dock on the Freedom III vessel. At the moment some 60 Genfer Lloyd co-workers are working at Finnyard under the direction of site manager Gracjan Borowiak. Work leaders are foremen Robert Adamski and Wiktor Brzostek.

Independence of the seas is much further on than this and the construction looks different bigger building blocks.

news_156_img1.jpg

Wednesday, 07 March, 2007

Construction of the “Genesis” cruise ship started at Finnyard in Turku, Finland on March 1. Aker Yard employees and Aker Yard partners, including Genfer Lloyd, were invited to celebrate the start-up with a so called “Production Cake”. The “Genesis” will be the biggest cruise ship in the entire world and its dimensions are mind boggling: length 360 meters, tonnage 190,000 GT, passenger capacity 5,400 plus 1,800 crew, cost approximately €900m. The Genfer Lloyd team will start working on the “Genesis” in September 2007.

about:blank

Coopertrajan i looked at all your 7 posts and 5 of them are all about Genesis where are you getting all of those pictures and info?

]

Well, I sure hope Independence is further along than this since she has floated out already. If not, she would be on the bottom of the ocean.

I am sure that I will try the ship out however tendering will be a nightmare with 5,000 unless they get a better way to do it on these huge ships. To me even tender tickets can sometimes take a hour before you are on land from the time posted on your ticket and this is with a smaller ship like the Voyager Class.

The skuttlebutt from Liberty last week was the Genesis ship would have two promenades, two flowriders and a swim-up pool with a sandy beach and wave machine. Has anyone else heard this?

Of course they all told me "this is speculation" but it was said by quite a few crew members.

I am pretty sure the two flowriders is true. I heard it on RCTV when CD Becky Thompson was doing an on air interview with one of the activities directors on Freedom.

My son wants to do this ship when it come out but I am not convinced. I cruised Freedom and though it was an amazing ship, it was just too big for a 7 night cruise with 4 port days. There was not time to see and do all that it had to offer. I was racing the whole time instead of relaxing. We are dropping back down to Voyager class next summer. Its at least a ship the whole family can agree upon.

I am pretty sure the two flowriders is true. I heard it on RCTV when CD Becky Thompson was doing an on air interview with one of the activities directors on Freedom.

My son wants to do this ship when it come out but I am not convinced. I cruised Freedom and though it was an amazing ship, it was just too big for a 7 night cruise with 4 port days. There was not time to see and do all that it had to offer. I was racing the whole time instead of relaxing. We are dropping back down to Voyager class next summer. Its at least a ship the whole family can agree upon.

To me that's an advantage as we like to return to a ship. What you don't do on one cruise you do on another.

Well, I sure hope Independence is further along than this since she has floated out already. If not, she would be on the bottom of the ocean.

I found this while looking for pictures of the Independence and there are some genesis pictures on here as well.

http://www.steve-read.co.uk/ scroll down and you will see them

family cruiser...

I felt the same on the LOS.. loved the ship,

but ran the whole time, not much time to relax

but a few hours on the beach......so many things

happening on the ship at once... would stick to

3 ports instead of 4 next time too.

Hubby wants to go on the Genesis...I have mixed

feelings.

Those are not photos of the Genesis above. Those were of the Independence. I posted this link a week or so go showing the first pieces of Genesis.

http://www.steve-read.co.uk/GenesisSep2007/

Also the place where I obtained this link has a worker from Aker yards who posts on there and keeps us up to date with the construction of RCI ships and photos, posted the below on September 16th in a thread concerning the Genesis. Keep in mind when reading this that the person is Finnish and his skills with the English language are not perfect.

I have to correct some things about Genesis, the keel-laying will not happens in december, its more like january - february period, maybe later. It all depens of modyfication of our drydock area, is supouse to take 5 moths of time, so you can calculate the possible keel-laying moment.

About genesis fotos, there is really nothing mutch to see yet,

So be patient G will come ... in time!

Those are not photos of the Genesis above. Those were of the Independence. I posted this link a week or so go showing the first pieces of Genesis.

http://www.steve-read.co.uk/GenesisSep2007/

Also the place where I obtained this link has a worker from Aker yards who posts on there and keeps us up to date with the construction of RCI ships and photos, posted the below on September 16th in a thread concerning the Genesis. Keep in mind when reading this that the person is Finnish and his skills with the English language are not perfect.

I have to correct some things about Genesis, the keel-laying will not happens in december, its more like january - february period, maybe later. It all depens of modyfication of our drydock area, is supouse to take 5 moths of time, so you can calculate the possible keel-laying moment.

About genesis fotos, there is really nothing mutch to see yet,

So be patient G will come ... in time!

Gordon.. am I missing something or isnt your link the same as the one above by Brian131489 :confused:

Thanks Gordon..sorry I am bit duh ..still recovering from NV cruise :o ...the GSM on the NV showed me pics of IND and Genesis when we were chatting one day as he knows how excited I am about both ships :D

Darn typical...I go cruising and pics come out :D

Liz, we all know that once the keel is put down the RCI PR machine will start. They will let us know!!!!:)

You were on the Navigator???? How did you like it?

Gordon :D

I love the ship (second time on her) but oh gawd get me back to the Caribbean please quick smart....tooooo many of the older generation for us...so many infact that my son refuses to cruise with Royal again...specially from Southampton :( put him right off....and I felt right sorry for the things the crew have had to endure this summer on the Med...they are so looking forward to getting back to the Caribbean.

Our sailing now holds the record for highest about of Alphas and medi vacs...11 Alphas...3 medi vacs :eek:

I think once IND is launched then the "excitement" for Genesis will really take hold..and we will all be given "wee bitties" of news etc about her...bring it on...I am waiting eagerly like so many others on here :D

Gordon :D

I love the ship (second time on her) but oh gawd get me back to the Caribbean please quick smart....tooooo many of the older generation for us...so many infact that my son refuses to cruise with Royal again...specially from Southampton :( put him right off....and I felt right sorry for the things the crew have had to endure this summer on the Med...they are so looking forward to getting back to the Caribbean.

Our sailing now holds the record for highest about of Alphas and medi vacs...11 Alphas...3 medi vacs :eek:

I think once IND is launched then the "excitement" for Genesis will really take hold..and we will all be given "wee bitties" of news etc about her...bring it on...I am waiting eagerly like so many others on here :D

Liz, she is still one of my all time favorite ships too. You can find those older more mature crowds over here too. I was on one a few years back on the Navigator. Just goes with the time of the year.

Yeah I really expect the RCI PR machine to kick in during the late spring after the Independence enters service. I guess they will open bookings for the Genesis around this time next year.:)

Archived