Ecstacy and Conquest Comparos, Please

happy cruzer

Hi,

I am trying to book my second cruise on Carnival earlier rather than later.

I currently have the 5 day Ecstacy booked.

Those of you who have cruised Ecstacy and Conquest, please help me. My most important consideration is dining. How do the two compare in dining room? For Breakfast, lunch and dinner.

We will be in guaranteed inside. The cabin is not that important. But just in case how do their inside cabins compare?

Additionally, I don't really like crowds but do find ways to avoid them. How crowded do the two ships feel? Buffets, pools, shows, etc.

Either way we will do a 7 day vacation. On the Ecstacy, we will just stay a couple of days in Galveston or Houston and on the Conquest on the ship.

Any and thoughts on the comparo, are greatly appreciated.

I can't compare, but I can tell you we loved the Conquest. The only time the crowds bothered me was during the chocolate buffet (which I was not that impressed with anyway) and maybe in the lobbies on formal nights (because of all the picture taking). Loved this ship so much we are going again with different ports this time.:) :)

I've only been on the Ecstasy, BUT if I had a choice, I'd always pick the 7 day cruise. :p However, never did we feel crowded on the Ecstasy, which was a surprise since it is a smaller ship. We're booked on the Ecstasy again in October, but are already looking to doing a 7 day cruise after that, probably on the Conquest.

An inside cabin on both ships will be 185 s.f., the same size.

The dining and food you will probably find no differences in the buffet or the dining room. The conquest does have a pay for supper for $30 per person and more options.

I believe the entertainment and shows are the same caliber on both ships. One is larger and has more people and is a newer ship. Ecstasy does have a lot of bright neon if you are one to be offended by it lol.

We have been on both ships and love them both. The Conquest is a little newer and larger. The rooms are basically the same. We thought the food on both were excellent at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The Conquest offers a little more on the Lido Deck such as the fish and chips and Asian food. The pizza on the Ecstasy was the best we've ever eaten on a Carnival ship. The chocolate buffet on the Conquest is a little larger and offers more. I really don't think you could go wrong with either ship. Sail one now and sail the other later. They have different itineraries, too. You may want to take that into consideration. We never felt crowded on either ship. You can always find quiet spots on the ship. Whichever you choose, have a great cruise!

ecxtacy is ome of my favorite carnival ships. if you can get conquests new bahamas itinerary i would give it a whirl ,otherwise your first port ismontego bay, jamaica, which after several bad experiences would be a port that i wouldn't even get off the ship...have done the exctacy several times combining it with a few days in Galveston and always had a great vacation and are doing it as a family reunion cruise 4/18/09:cool:

Great details. Nice to know that the inside cabins are basically the same.

As I said the food and the crowds are also a concern for us. I made a note to avoid the crowd in the atrium on formal night. Probably will only stop by for a minute or two.

I love the Mayan Ruins and can do those from Ecstasy and spend two days on land for a week long getaway. Probably would do the Bahamas on Conquest since we have not been there.

But we mainly just want to be cruising, we are the folks that don't get off in each port.

Any little thing to note about the difference is greatly appreciated.

ecxtacy is ome of my favorite carnival ships. if you can get conquests new bahamas itinerary i would give it a whirl ,otherwise your first port ismontego bay, jamaica, which after several bad experiences would be a port that i wouldn't even get off the ship...have done the exctacy several times combining it with a few days in Galveston and always had a great vacation and are doing it as a family reunion cruise 4/18/09:cool:

You'll be hitting the ecstacy about a month after I do. I traveled that itinerary on the elation and loved it. Will be hitting the Conquest this november and then the East Caribbean itin oct 09....I cant wait. I too love Galveston. It is such a relaxing getaway.

I can't compare, but I can tell you we loved the Conquest. The only time the crowds bothered me was during the chocolate buffet (which I was not that impressed with anyway) and maybe in the lobbies on formal nights (because of all the picture taking). Loved this ship so much we are going again with different ports this time.:) :)

I agree with Shorty1007! We loved the Conquest! We are also going again next February on her inaugural cruise to the Bahamas. We never felt crowded and our cruise was sold out. The food was excellent and plentiful, she's a HUGE ship compared to the Ecstacy! I like that fact, from what I've been told, that the bigger ships cruise with less motion. Either choice, you'll be on a cruise vacation!!!:D

Haven't been on either or for that matter any cruise ship yet. We are scheduled for the Conquest in September and can't wait. We are also scheduled for the Conquest November 2009. We like the fact that we can drive to Galveston but then again, we can also drive to New Orleans. Both are close but we prefer the idea of a 7 day cruise. If you don't get off the ship, does the cost of each cruise matter? What about the duration? There would seem to be more choices on the Conquest as she is larger. Or do you prefer a more intimate atmosphere on the smaller ship? I don't know how crowds will come into effect on either ship but I am claustrophic and this is one of the reasons we chose the larger ship. I am concerned about muster drill for that reason. Let us know which one you choose, or both. Then we will be asking you for your comparison.

Great details. Nice to know that the inside cabins are basically the same.

As I said the food and the crowds are also a concern for us. I made a note to avoid the crowd in the atrium on formal night. Probably will only stop by for a minute or two.

Actually, there will be more crowds on the Promenade Deck as that is where most of the photographers will set up their backdrops on formal nights. The atrium may be crowded also but the Promenade Deck will be the most crowded. We like to get our pictures made early before dinner.

We were on the Ecstacy last November. I would compare the ports on both cruises. That should give you a big indication on which one you want to cruise. I loved Coz, but Progresso.... that left a lot to be desired.

There will be a couple differences in the cabins. Conquest has fridges and the couch - Ecstasy has neither.

They're both great ships, but in their own way - they really can't be compared because of extreme size and age differences. But it's a great ship for a short cruise. :)

Archived