4 persons in balcony cabin on Magic

joern

Hi

Considering booking a Caribbean cruise. Our daughter wish to bring a friend and I see that they have balcony cabins for 4-5 persons. Is that with 2 double beds? Also which category is best of 8 a, b, c, d or e?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A quad balcony cabin will have 1 king (can be split into 2 twins), 1 couch that converts to a twin and 1 bunk that drops down from the ceiling. The letters refer to the deck and location on the ship. I prefer a room that is on a deck between 2 other passenger decks (7-11 on Magic).

Four people in a balcony is not a problem; we've done it many times. We've also done four in an interior. Two of the people are little -- ages 8 and 7 currently. We don't spend much time in the room regardless of the category.

Hi

Considering booking a Caribbean cruise. Our daughter wish to bring a friend and I see that they have balcony cabins for 4-5 persons. Is that with 2 double beds? Also which category is best of 8 a, b, c, d or e?

Depending on the age of your daughter what about a balcony and a interior? Or even a porthole and interior ?

4 to a cabin unless their small kids is way to crowded in my opinion. Obviously if she’s young then one cabin is required.

I took two adult twin daughters on a birthday cruise in an aft- extended balcony on the Magic. We had two twin beds and the sofa bed.

The sofa bed was relatively comfortable, but was left set up as a bed the entire cruise.

It was ok, we had a great time, but it took some accommodating. I would take them each again but not together.

I understand there are cabins available that offer more space and more bathroom area. I might try one of them but I won't do three people again in a balcony cabin.

Four people in a balcony is not a problem; we've done it many times. We've also done four in an interior. Two of the people are little -- ages 8 and 7 currently. We don't spend much time in the room regardless of the category.

I am curious about having more than two people in a cabin. Since you pay a certain amount per person is there an economic advantage to this arrangement or is it the same price as having two cabins with two people in each. Also wondering if only one person is in a cabin do they pay double for the cruise. Thanks

I am curious about having more than two people in a cabin. Since you pay a certain amount per person is there an economic advantage to this arrangement or is it the same price as having two cabins with two people in each. Also wondering if only one person is in a cabin do they pay double for the cruise. Thanks

It is economically better the more people you have in the cabin. The 3rd/4th guest pay a reduced fare. If you have 2 cabins with 2 people each you are paying the highest fares for all. We have always had 4 in a cabin and don't find it too crowded. We are organized and keep the floors and counters clear of clutter.

If you cruise as a single then you do pay the same rate as if there were 2 in the cabin.

Carnival cabins are much more spacious than some other lines.

NCL inside cabins are barely large enough for one person on their polder ships.

Carnival has nice cabins and the pricing is very reasonable for 4. Sometimes you can even find a deal for reduced 3rd and 4th in a cabin.

The girls can even trade off the sofa and the top bunk so each have fairly equal time in each bed.

You didn't say the age of the girls. The bathroom might be a bigger issue than the room size!

Just a reminder.... If you are booking during high season or a holiday period.... book early. Although some cabins can hold 4 passengers...the ships have capacity limits. Worst case you can always book a 2nd cabin. When my children were teens ...wife and I booked balcony and booked a inside for the kids across the hallway....Alot more manageable and comfortable for all

Well, the girls are both 18, so yes, 2 cabins would be preferred, but they do come on a very reduced price (about $170 each) and that’s one of the reasons that we might choose this cruise

There are 3 of us (DS 15) so basically 3 adult size people, we always get a balcony cabin and have been on the Magic twice in the last year with our 3rd Magic trip coming up in 87 days for Easter. It works well for our family as we use the king bed and my son uses the sofa bed. That being said, I honestly cannot imagine adding one more adult size person to the mix. I also send my husband and son up to use the gym showers for dressing and getting ready, frees up the cabin bathroom for me as the only girl and keeps us sane.

We have had a suite a couple of times and that is actually the best setup for 3-4 people as far as comfort goes.

If my son wants to bring a friend at some point, I am thinking we will get them an inside room across the hall from our balcony ;p.