Port canaveral--is Jetty Park walking distance?

newhorizon

Hi!

Does anyone know if Jetty Park is walking disance from where you get of the cruise ships at Port Canaveral?

Also, I know Cocoa Beach is a little further away. Is it worth getting a taxi to Cocoa Beach or would you rate Jetty Park's beach as "just as good"?

Thank you!

I wouldn't advise walking to Jetty Park from the cruise terminals. There is no good crossover for pedestrians to get across the channel where the cruise ships dock. I would reccomend a local taxi service if going there from the ships.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Jetty Park is definately NOT within walking distance! On my last cruise, while in Port Canaveral, DH and I went to Jetty Park via taxi. It was about 10 bucks each way. It's a very nice beach the locals go to. Be aware that taxis in Port Canaveral are NOT regulated, ask what the appoximate fare will be before you get in the cab!

As the others have said, you can't walk to Jetty Park. Jetty Park is a very natural beach with a long walkway between the beach and the channel. It's nice to watch boats go in and out.

Cocoa Beach is also very nice. The water is a hair clearer and usually, depending on tides, the beach is wider. If you have any desire to go to Ron Jon Surf shop I suggest you go to Cocoa Beach and do the beach there, otherwise, Jetty Park will be just fine.

• 3 weeks later...

If you have small children, the water at Jetty Park is not nerly as rough as it is at Cocoa Beach.

However, if you go to Cocoa Beach, as a previous poster mentioned, there is always Ron Jon's.

There's also the beach area around the Cocoa Beach Pier. Frothy surf. Swimming, sunning, walking on the beach. And, on the pier itself, there are restaurants. At either one (Atlantic Ocean Grill for a full meal, Marlin's for sandwiches) ask for a window seat, and watch the surf (and probably surfers) beneath you as you eat. Marlin's has a Chocolate Khaluah Cake you might want to try.

From the pier, look north (to your left if you are facing oceanward) and you'll see some of the Space Center's launch towers in the distance. (Same thing at Jetty Park)

Archived