Royal Caribbean's Genesis to Offer Towering Views?

Yes, I just read that. It looks like some of the early rumors might be true, like the Central Park above the Royal Promenade. It looks very very tall. Can't wait for more pictures and info.

When did RCI say they going to make a press release, sometime in April? Does anybody know?

Yes, I just read that. It looks like some of the early rumors might be true, like the Central Park above the Royal Promenade. It looks very very tall. Can't wait for more pictures and info.

When did RCI say they going to make a press release, sometime in April? Does anybody know?

April 15

Awesome thanks!

I'll have to mosey on over to the Genesis Inaugural board. There is probably talk about this over there too. :D

LOL, I'm sure ;)

However there is too much to wade thru over there. Even tho I signed up to join the inaugural and the hotel stay I can't deal with reading it all. Which is good it has it's own board for the chatter.

I think that might just be the promenade's side blocks, but only two of them have been mounted on the dock yet. If they want to keep he same waterline beam as Voyager and Freedom class (wich is the same, so I guess there might be some sort of restriction in some port or passage) they can not make Genesis much taller, as the ship would have stability problems. Also, if you count the decks, there are not that many decks below the "towers"

Just my 2 cents...

I edit the message, because looking at the picture I think it might be possible...if it does not make the ship much taller. My doubt is if it is worth the tradeoff...you get a nice park, but you loose a lot of space on the inside. Also, to have living plants may have the problem of limited daylight.

I think that might just be the promenade's side blocks, but only two of them have been mounted on the dock yet. If they want to keep he same waterline beam as Voyager and Freedom class (wich is the same, so I guess there might be some sort of restriction in some port or passage) they can not make Genesis much taller, as the ship would have stability problems. Also, if you count the decks, there are not that many decks below the "towers"

Just my 2 cents...

I edit the message, because looking at the picture I think it might be possible...if it does not make the ship much taller. My doubt is if it is worth the tradeoff...you get a nice park, but you loose a lot of space on the inside. Also, to have living plants may have the problem of limited daylight.

The Genesis is going to be wider according to Aker yards. Genesis is only going to be 4 feet taller than the Freedom class.

I don't think it is going to be that much wider in the waterline...If you look at the photo, you can see that there is much of the superstructure that is cantilevered fron the hull. Any way, 4 feet taller could make sense. I have been thinking that maybe that is why they are leaving such a void space on the top of the ship...to avoid moving the centre of gravity further up.

Another option to make taller ships would be to increase the block coefficient (make the forms "fuller"), but that would increase the fuel consumption, and considering the price of oil I wouldn't do that...And I don't think RCCL would either.

The Genesis class ships will be wider at the water line than the Freedom/Voyager class ships & the Queen Mary 2. The section of keel laid for the Genesis was 47 meters wide (154 feet) while the Freedom/Voyager class is only 127 feet wide at that level & the Queen Mary 2 is 135 feet.

The Queen Mary 2 is 236.2 feet in height from it's keel to funnel. The Queen Mary 2 is taller than the Freedom/Voyager class ships.

The question is how tall are the Freedom & Genesis class ships from their keel to their funnels. The Genesis is listed as being 240 in height, so I'm assuming that from it's keel to funnel, so we'd just have to find out how tall the Freedom class ships are from their keel to funnel.

Aker Yards (the company building the ship) has an "artist's conception" image on their web site which shows what the Genesis is going to look like. Why don't you all just go look at that? http://www.akeryards.com/upload/ships/72dpi/genesis.jpg

We have, many, many times. :D

It's in the siggie of the Genesis Inaugural Cruisers. :D (see below)

Aker Yards (the company building the ship) has an "artist's conception" image on their web site which shows what the Genesis is going to look like. Why don't you all just go look at that? http://www.akeryards.com/upload/ships/72dpi/genesis.jpg

Judging by the atual pics coming out of Aker I have a feeling that Genesis will not look too much like that rendering above. OHHH I CANT WAIT:)

Now THAT would be awesome!!!!

I am DYING to see this ship!!! :D :D :D

It will be nice watching Cruinmama and Christie riding the boat's on the river aboard Genesis Class ships. Perhaps the spectators will be allowed to use spray guns and get em wet too. I am sure Mama's girls would like getting mom and dad totally soaked :p

It will be nice watching Cruinmama and Christie riding the boat's on the river aboard Genesis Class ships. Perhaps the spectators will be allowed to use spray guns and get em wet too. I am sure Mama's girls would like getting mom and dad totally soaked :p

Hey!! Don't be giving people any ideas!! :D :D :D

Archived