Voltage converters in Barcelona

ranchette

Depending on what you are trying to use you may only need an adaptor with 2 round holes,not a converter. You would need this for ANY hotel.

What equipment are you trying to use??

I meant to ask if I would need an adaptor not a converter its just for a blow dryer. Thanks for your reply.

We have found after lugging converters around Europe for years. Unless you are traveling thru small towns and are staying in very small hotels, MOST hotels now have them available at the front desk for you to borrow. I try even to not travel with my blow dryer and will call ahead to the hotel to see if they have blow dryers in the bathrooms. Any weight I can leave at home now I do.

I would check with the hotel to see if they have blow dryers. Most of the calibre of Colon do. Should be listed in their amenities. However, we normally bring an adapter with us if we are staying more than one day. (to charge cameras, etc.)

I think the days of needing to bring your own blow dryer when you travel are pretty much over.... :)

(We do bring electrical adapters to charge camera and phone batteries. And most of those, these days, are dual voltage, so only an adapter, not a converter, is needed.)

If you must drag your own hairdryer along, go out and buy a new, lightweight, dual-voltage hairdryer. You can still use it at home as a primary dryer, but pack it for trips and only have to take the little adapter plug instead of adding the weight of a converter.

Archived