battery-operated fan?

poss

Has anyone used these individual, portable fans? Any recommendations of which ones work well and aren't cumbersome? I have a lot of trouble with heat and humidity, so I'm thinking it might be a good idea for me to have one of these things on excursions in Greece this July. I see them now and then, but not often. I wonder whether that's because they're not especially effective.

Thanks.

Has anyone used these individual, portable fans? Any recommendations of which ones work well and aren't cumbersome? I have a lot of trouble with heat and humidity, so I'm thinking it might be a good idea for me to have one of these things on excursions in Greece this July. I see them now and then, but not often. I wonder whether that's because they're not especially effective.

Thanks.

I ALWAYS have in my purse the battery operated fan from Brookstone. Surely does control a hot flash!!!!:D I really like this fan. It is sturdy, can be controlled to how fast the fan rotates and therefore how loud the fan is, and it's wonderful if you just need a little air circulating any time any where. It has a neck cord if you don't want to carry it.....

I carry one all the time especially when in Europe in the summer/fall when hot..I got it from Magellan's online.Love it.Especially when people used to snicker and then ask if they could please borrow it:D.Another good one if you out and about in a city get the small water bottle with a fan that you can get at CVS and put cold water in it when it is really sweltering...works like a charm.

I always carry one in my purse and a standard fan that I bought in Barcelona. Sometimes you just need to have a little breeze on your face to keep from feeling overwhelmed by the heat.

One of the best is a small fan with a little water bottle and it gives you a cool breeze.

Thanks for replies. Sometimes it's a bit of a bummer living out in the boonies as I do. I wish I could try one of the Brookstone fans, but we're 2 hours or so from a store. I imagine the Brookstone and Magellan's are comparable, so I'll just choose one and order it. I did look at one in Wal-Mart and was not impressed-- seemed junky. Thanks again. (Will probably not do the one with water-- would rather the fan be as light and unmessy as possible.)

Thanks for replies. Sometimes it's a bit of a bummer living out in the boonies as I do. I wish I could try one of the Brookstone fans, but we're 2 hours or so from a store. I imagine the Brookstone and Magellan's are comparable, so I'll just choose one and order it. I did look at one in Wal-Mart and was not impressed-- seemed junky. Thanks again. (Will probably not do the one with water-- would rather the fan be as light and unmessy as possible.)

Order 2 while you are at it. You will get used to having the fan, and somehow, I have lost them. My Brookstone fan has never broken and I keep it stuffed in my purse. I do have extra batteries just in case. The Brookstone fan takes 4 AA batteries.

By the way, I got my first Brookstone fan in an airport. There are Brookstone stores in many of the airports I have been in....

Archived