Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Cruise Critic Message Board Forums (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Latest Splendor Collision-with photos! (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1105600)

Wanna_Cruize December 17th, 2009 12:28 PM

Latest Splendor Collision-with photos!

Live aboard the Splendor, which has had yet another collision in Mexico - this time with a pier jetty - We're sitting here for a second day in Puerto Vallarta, because the repairs are 'taking a little longer than anticipated'. We decided to see what Splendor had hit - see links below, since the photos are too large:

http://picasaweb.google.com/WannaCru...40010219435010

We're off to see if we can get photos of the damage to Splendor, since a picture is worth a thousand words.

babies12 December 17th, 2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wanna_Cruize (Post 22355783)
Live aboard the Splendor, which has had yet another collision in Mexico - this time with a pier jetty - We're sitting here for a second day in Puerto Vallarta, because the repairs are 'taking a little longer than anticipated'. We decided to see what Splendor had hit - see links below, since the photos are too large:

We're off to see if we can get photos of the damage to Splendor, since a picture is worth a thousand words.

Dang it can't get the pictures up on my work computer have to wait until I get home.

waldocruiser1 December 17th, 2009 12:34 PM

of course the repairs are taking a little longer than anticipated, they are trying to figure out how to remove the part of the dock from the side of the ship.

In the first letter from the captian he said it was a little damage,

I would hate to see what he call a lot of damage!

I wonder if when they hit he yelled "Gilligannnn"

nobody000 December 17th, 2009 12:39 PM

Wasnt there a thread round here about the SL being cursed??? lol jk jk How crazy, cant wait to see pics of the ship.

steffaroonie December 17th, 2009 12:51 PM

Good grief!!!!! I'm going on the Splendor 1/31/10, now I'm a little worried about the driving skills of the Captain. LOL of course the guys at the pier might be a little worried too!

Kurbanfan December 17th, 2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wanna_Cruize (Post 22355783)

LOL! Took a little chunk out of that dock:D

LemurCat December 17th, 2009 12:57 PM

Looks like someone didn't properly adjust his mirrors before putting the key in the ignition.

Max Circus December 17th, 2009 01:03 PM

Looks like just a "tap" to me. ;)

No need to exchange insurance information.

GlendaleCruiser December 17th, 2009 01:03 PM

I want to see pictures of the ship, too!

The youtube video of the Legend hitting the RCL ship was amazing to watch. I hope someone is uploading Splendor pics now.

Kurbanfan December 17th, 2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Circus (Post 22356140)
Looks like just a "tap" to me. ;)

No need to exchange insurance information.

LOl! If it was just a tap they would be in Mazatlan by now;)

LemurCat December 17th, 2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurbanfan (Post 22356152)

But the question is ... did the pier offer to pull out it's cellular and call the ship a wrecker?

Max Circus December 17th, 2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurbanfan (Post 22356152)

Crazy. Almost looks like a shark attacked the pier. Were they filming Jaws 5? The captain may need someone else to blame this on. He needs the 1 800 ASK GARY law firm (at least that is one advertised heavily here in Florida).

Cruiserbound December 17th, 2009 01:08 PM

Somebody heard a loud noise and yelled, "Hit the Deck", they did not mean it literally....just sayin'

Kurbanfan December 17th, 2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemurCat (Post 22356169)
But the question is ... did the pier offer to pull out it's cellular and call the ship a wrecker?

I believe the cellular is on the chunk that is stuck in the side of the
boat:D

KevinR December 17th, 2009 01:43 PM

I've never seen a "fatal attraction" with a cruise ship... before now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by babies12 (Post 22355812)
Dang it can't get the pictures up on my work computer have to wait until I get home.

Out of curiosity, I went to the RCCL board and sure enough... you posted about Splendor over there AGAIN. You sure are obsessed with this ship! Considering the fact that you are cruising on the Mariner next year, it seems odd you continue to show up on a lot of threads concerning Splendor.

Ror the record... we just sailed her last week and did not witness or hear of any "problems." The cruise was great.

Shame you could not use your work computer to see the pix. :rolleyes:

jonbgd December 17th, 2009 01:58 PM

We were in PV on the Radiance last month when we got hit by the Splendor
That ended with the Captain having chest pains a being transported to the hospital
So this must be a new captain I dont understand the pilot is guiding them and they have the prime docking area of all the cruise lines Maybe that ship is jinxed

jayesouthworth December 17th, 2009 01:59 PM

Thanks for posting the pics and please keep us informed!! :cool:

parrotthead December 17th, 2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steffaroonie (Post 22356033)
Good grief!!!!! I'm going on the Splendor 1/31/10, now I'm a little worried about the driving skills of the Captain. LOL of course the guys at the pier might be a little worried too!

Dont worry about the driving skills of the Capitain...he only 'drives the ship' in open waters...its the local pilot who drives into and out of port...
(because they are familiar with the local waters...lol--perhaps an updated map would help--lol) ;)
~~Edited to say... POSTING FROM WORK COMPUTER ;)

gaylensgigi December 17th, 2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemurCat (Post 22356169)

LMAO!!! I love that commercial:D

Crazy4Koko December 17th, 2009 02:08 PM

OW!!!!

Who the heck was driving the ship that they forgot to hit the brakes?:confused: