Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

24acorns

Members
  • Content Count

    357
  • Joined

About 24acorns

  • Rank
    Cool Cruiser

About Me

  • Location
    Northamptonshire UK
  • Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    Celebrity
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Mediterranean

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Not sure that is so at least in the Uk. On the email I received it said you could opt for the 100% refund anytime upto the date the FCC runs out so apply before December 31 2021. My only quibble is when I called to ask for the refund the person I spoke to said she would mark up and pass onto the refund department, I appreciate the refund will take time but I would have liked an email as confirmation I was in the system somewhere. I had an email from Virgin within 12 hours of my email request.
  2. As of this morning my sailing 23 March still tells me I am going.!!! In answer when will they make an announcement on past experience i would say last possible minute.
  3. Well thats worked out well for them!!!! This will have cost them more with undoubtable refund and FCC as well as cost of onward travel.
  4. I can't as I was not fortunate enough to receive seemed very hit and miss if you received. Look at Page 4 on the boards headed "Email from LLP".
  5. Their heads are still in the sand. I thought I saw Summit had been turned away at St Lucia. Don't get me wrong I am a huge supporter of X but the statement last night looked as if it had been thrown together, surely they should have been preparing for lots options. Then again the LLP email yesterday morning talked about sailing out of the middle of the storm, not sure we are anywhere near the middle!!!
  6. I have been away from the boards for a few hour, how things have moved on. Did I not see on another thread RCL to make an announcement 2pm EST.?
  7. I too am in same position, but flying Virgin on Friday 21. I had an email from them they are allowing changes, travel needs to be completed by end September. It may be worth contacting BA as to deferring? I am holding until Monday I think, in the hopes!! of cancellation. Not sure that is likely given their financials.
  8. I might be wrong but I thought I saw they had cancelled the Inaugural Season yesterday.
  9. In the UK we have been told by Chief Health Officer 10/11 weeks to peak with another 10/11 weeks to get back to where we are. So by my calculation August, September.
  10. I am not an accountant by any means, but setting Ships to sea at 50% or perhaps less capacity is not a sustainable model. Especially as the ports you visit are shrinking by the day!!!! Last weeks Cruise with Confidence bought some time to minimise the lay off time, well thats my thinking. I voiced this at the weekend at the time someone "really" .
  11. Valletta refused an MSC ship last week. The doctors treatenef to strike if it were allowed to dock!! Admittedly it is an Italian owned line may be different for other lines, however I would not bank on it.
  12. As is the 17 march sailing and that was also been cancelled. I am sure I will get shot down in flames for this but as soon as President Trump stated on Friday he thought it a good idea to leave Grand Princess floating, this opened the door to everyone else to close their doors. If ships are sailing well under capacity, then having to offer cruise credits and OBC because of missed ports then there must come a point in time when the finacial departments say, it is more cost effective to stop for a short time.
  13. I can' find where I saw this. But hope you have sorted now as I have seen 2 other posts on same sailing as you who have managed to obtain FCC.
  14. I think it says at the bottom of the letter if you are travelling 6-8 March to call for options.
×
×
  • Create New...