My husband and I are officially one week away from our cruise on May 13th, so I've started seriously watching and waiting to see if my Royal UP bid was accepted.
Background: I received an invitation to bid around the first of April. Currently, we are in an oceanview and was given the option to bid on a balcony and/or suite. The minimum bid on the balcony was $75 and on the suite the minimum was $150.
Since I am happy with our current cabin, I decided to take the "it can't hurt, let's see what happens" attitude and bid just slightly above the minimum, yet still considered in the "weak" category. Also, given the cost of the balconies and suites my bids would be considered pretty nice deals (for me), and probably not worth accepting for RC.
As of today, all of the balconies and suites for my cruise are showing "sold out." They have been for a little while, so I'm not sure if that really means anything. I've gone on other cruise booking sites and have seen that a few cabins in these categories are still available.
I am expecting to receive the rejection email from RC any day now and will be absolutely fine with that. However, if either of my bids are accepted I'll be thrilled! I'll come back here to let you know what happens on Saturday which will be the 48 hour mark.