Jump to content

zeppgirl

Members
  • Content Count

    149
  • Joined

Everything posted by zeppgirl

  1. So no other rooms available and they want $11,000 for a balcony room for 4!! Yikes!
  2. Thanks! I guess I can call them back and see if there's a way to move it. Not sure if we will have much choice though, as the connecting rooms were pretty limited:(
  3. So I just spoke with Costco and my rooms had finally switched over. We were able to keep our inside promenade connecting on the Explorer, but the people we are traveling with haven't moved over yet so whether we go will depend on if they can keep their connecting rooms. One question though- we are near a huge blank area on Deck 7. Anyone know what this is? Hopefully not a loud mechanical area.
  4. Ok so a whole lot of non-information. Called RC and they said they are unable to look at inventory currently, that it will take a day or two. Then told I should call my travel agent anyway (Costco) to let them know so they can call me at some point. I called Costco and was told that if the room is available, it should automatically move me to a similar room. But she didn't think they would be able to look at inventory any time soon and suggested I call back in 2 weeks. Told her that the email made things easier if we knew by Oct. 30th, so they she told me to check bac
  5. Looking at the cruise now, we had connecting interior promenade rooms and I see ONE room available. So any idea what they do in this case? I can call and make sure it's not due to category change or something, but that sucks...
  6. That's another issue. Not sure our room will even be available. And we were going with 8 or so other families, so a lot hinges on availability.
  7. I got the same email and am so bummed! We got an amazing deal on our cruise. So yes, we have the option to cancel, which is great, but it will cost so much more to book another cruise. So we either go and deal with it, or get the money back and move on. What would you guys do in this case? I don't think Freedom and Explorer compare at all and prefer not to go on an outdated ship. I did so much planning before picking this cruise:(
  8. A vaccine most likely...we are scheduled to go in June, but I am pretty sure that won't be happening. I would love to go, but only if things were really safe.
  9. Our in-laws want to take a Panama Canal cruise next Thanksgiving break. I usually opt for the larger ships with more to do, but do like the itinerary on this one. I would also love to join them, but am concerned with the size of the ship and whether there will be enough to entertain the kids, who will be 12 and 15 at the time of the cruise. What are your thoughts?
  10. We are scheduled to go on a med cruise leaving from Rome in June. It's technically still on, but we aren't going anywhere...right now the governor has us sheltering in place and schools probably not going back until next year. Trump is saying this will probably go until June/July. So I need to cancel my flights, hotels, cruise. I looked at pricing for next June and it's gone up a crazy amount versus what we paid. We had a Haven spa suite and now it looks like we will only be able to get a balcony room. Would you take the credit and just wait it out a while? Or do you think things are go
  11. so I checked with my MIL because they will be canceling her Hawaii cruise for next month. She called NCL and they told her she had a year to book the cruise but could book it up until 2022.
  12. oh wow!!! This affects my in laws, who had a Hawaiian cruise planned early april. Wonder how this will work.
  13. I missed that as well...so that doesn't give us such a big window anymore. Even if we rebook for next summer, it would have to be really early summer and that means we would have to wait until right before our cruise to rebook- otherwise we would not be able to go any other time:(
  14. I'm on the same Getaway cruise as you and likewise, prices haven't gone down. They are still higher than when we booked by about $2,000 for two.
  15. So questions I have...if we have $10,000 we spent on a cruise, can we split this up into more than one future cruise? What about if we had 2 people going and now want to downgrade but take family of 4? Or will it only apply to the 2 people on the original reservation? If the cruise goes down in price, can I get the rest in OBC?
  16. Thanks! I guess we can see how things go the next 2 weeks. I would really hate to cancel. Would hope they would refund the insurance, plus anything else paid towards the cruise (like taxes/tips).
  17. 2 is what I would like to do each year. Being a teacher with kids in school, there's only so many breaks we have (and the prices are always way more!) I agree, I love that this is in place.
  18. You are living the good life! Have fun and enjoy! Good to have a back up plan in place, but so much can change day by day.
  19. Hahah yup. We're only sailing in December so I'm not worried at this point, just curious(:
  20. I wonder how this applies to someone who booked through costco.
  21. I'm confused by the 90 day thing. Had you paid your full payment yet? We have a June 18 getaway from Rome and our full payment was due 3 weeks ago. We still want to wait things out and see how things go, but would be nice to know if and when we are able to still get a refund. We also paid for a few flights with points and a couple others that are nonrefundable...but we will have an issue if our Europe to Europe flights get cancelled and the cruise does not, since we won't be able to get to Rome easily.
  22. Bummed out. We were doing our 15 anniversary getaway italy/greece cruise and totally splurged with Haven...used miles to get business class flights to Dublin first a few days, then fly to rome, then back to the UK and then back to the US. We're very healthy as well- although I will say that this past Nov. we caught something nasty that knocked us out for the first time EVER. I got pneumonia and husband was in the hospital for a few days with a collapsed lung. Not being able to breathe was super scary and not fun. Took about three weeks to get things started back to normal. And we are in
  23. I think they could have handled it better and I would have gone to management to complain. That being said, I think you had a good chance of getting sick no matter what since you were in close quarters near each other and you may have caught what he had initially. So while I would state what happened in a review, I would not expect any compensation other than an apology and promise to work on protocol.
  24. Right...I see the cancellation with small penalty for uniworld- not sure if that also applies to NCL. So we can transfer the reservation. At this point I will probably keep things as is since we already booked our flights and used points for others. Plus we did Haven and got a good deal. It would definitely cost us more to change. That being said, I will see what my options are. If things head in a bad direction, it might make sense to take the loss.
×
×
  • Create New...