Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

Everything posted by Darcy03231

  1. We booked for 2023! I know its a long way off, but it gives us something to look forward to. We have another cruise booked for 2022. I'm hoping cruising returns to some semblance of normal by late 2021.
  2. I took advantage of the recent 15% off offer to book cruises in 2022 and 2023. I didn't feel safe booking anything for 2021.
  3. I booked the Breakaway in May 2022 and Pride of America in November 2023. Based on pricing these cruises out pre-pandemic, I got a great deal on both. I think it depends on when you want to travel. I looked at several in 2021 and I thought the prices were high. My guess is that a lot of people rebooked for 2021 and there may be limited capacity when the ships start to sail.
  4. Our thinking for the May 2022 cruise was the same. We've been to all of the ports multiple times so we would just treat the ship like an all inclusive sea vacation and not get off if we can't venture out on our own.
  5. We decided against booking anything in 2021 - to iffy for us. We're booked on the Breakaway in May 2022 and Pride of America in 2023. Prices were really good, got all the perks and only had to put down a $250 deposit.
  6. I rebooked my May 2022 Breakaway cruise. Lost the free prepaid gratuities, but saved $626 so it more than made up for it. I had all 5 perks previously and I kept those. I'm not sure about the extra Latitudes points.
  7. This happened to us a couple of years ago and we were able to substitute a passenger a week before the cruise. NCL was really easy to deal with.
  8. I'd cancel. I hightly doubt that there will be any cruises leaving from the US in 2020.
  9. I'll have to disagree. I booked a cruise for 2022 and all I've put down is the $250 deposit. If I booked that same cruise today it's $500 more and I don't get all of the perks I got when I first booked it.
  10. I did a mock booking for my 2022 cruise. Not only did the price go up $500, I would have lost the free wifi, $50/port shore excursion credit and the free gratuities.
  11. Sad to see her go. We had a couple of great cruises on her.
  12. I'd go with the western itinerary. We cruised a lot with our children when they were young and it seemed to us that there were a lot more child friendly shore excursions on that itinerary.
  13. Luckily we had no plans to cruise in 2020 or 2021. Hoping my 2022 Breakaway cruise goes off as planned.
  14. DIL just got her refund from an end of April cancelled cruise. Said it took 90 days to the day.
  15. The "lesser" refund is a 100% refund. They're calling is "lesser" because they're offering 150% cruise credit, so a 100% refund is "lesser."
  16. I wouldn't do it. I have no interest in tying my money up as I highly doubt any cruises are going out in June. Who knows if the countries are even going to have their borders open to non-domestic travel by then.
  17. We came close once. 10 of cruising. 1 out of Nashville, 1 out of Atlanta, 6 out of Manchester and 2 out of Boston. All flying the day before the cruise. The only two I was concerned about was the 2 out of Boston because it was the last flight of the day (me and DS - DS had to work that day). The Nashville and Atlanta flights were fine. There was weather on the east coast and the Manchester flight was canceled. SW was able to rebook 4 of the 6 on another flight. I rebooked the other 2 on an American flight out of Boston. Then that flight gets canceled. American rebooks them on a late
  18. OP, I would have done the same as you. 90 days to process a refund would be unacceptable. FWIW I had a charge that was more than 60 days old with Bank of America. It was for airline tickets right after Hurricane Maria and the airline wasn't flying into PR (LIAT). They didn't want to give me a refund. I contacted Bank of America, send them copies of all correspondence and did get a credit back for the full amount. The process takes a little longer and can't be done on-line, but it can be done if the charge was for future services.
  19. We'll be waiting until there's a vaccine. DH is in a higher risk group. No cruise is worth his life.
  20. We'll continue cruising, but are going to wait until we think it's safe to do so. It may be next year, depending on what happens with the virus. DH is at higher risk so we're content to wait it out.
  21. The email we had from her this morning said Port Everglades, but with everything being up in the air it easily could have been changed to Port Canaveral. We haven't heard from her since this morning.
  22. DIL is on the Norwegian Epic and they were turned away from PR today too. They're on their way to Port Everglades.
  23. Not yet. They're still not sure when they're going to dock. She doesn't think it will happen until at least Tuesday and possibly Wednesday.
  24. DIL is on the Epic now and said they've been re-routed to Port Everglades.
  25. I wish I could take advantage of some of these great deals, but DH has an underlying health condition and his doctors feel that he is in the at risk category, so he's doing what he can to avoid situations where he might be exposed. My DIL and her sister are on a cruise right now and having a great time. I hope everyone enjoys their trips!
  • Create New...