Moonhearts. As you can tell everyone feels for you. I am 49 going on my first O cruise and I am concerned about ages so I can imagine your pain... I have a 17 yr old daughter who would probably be posting your post if she was coming(its our 25th anniversary so she isn't invited:) So here are my positives.
1. Its a free holiday. It will be hot and the soft drinks will probably be free too.
2. Its Greece. Maybe you have seen the Grecians?? That could be a plus?
3. We can learn from everything that happens to us. We can either take all the good points or find all the bad points. It is our choice.
4. Chances are, there will be some other teens who feel they are lost in a sea of grey! You will be their beacon, as they will be yours.
5. A few years ago I joined a property club. I saw a couple who had joined who were much older than me and I had a lot of pre conceived ideas and thoughts. In particular, I didn't think we would have anything in common. Then one night they sat next to me during a meal. Probably the most interesting people I have ever met.. Again, reminded me that life is what WE make it.
6. Well, I don't think I have a 6 but to summarise, this is a GREEK cruise, its free, you will find someone your age and if not, its a FREE GREEK cruise.
I know, some of this was tongue in cheek, but, if you don't manage to persuade the oldie to change their plans, just remember my words of wisdom. Dash, what were they? Oh yes! Everything we do, changes us. We choose whether it is for the better or worse.
Damn, you are going on a luxury Greek Island cruise, you will LOVE it..
PS. Let us know how you get on?