Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community


  • Content Count

  • Joined

Everything posted by Hllb

  1. good news is, if your cruise qualifies for cruise w/confidence, you'll get the entire deposit back in FCC, no penalty.
  2. Mine is a non-refundable deposit, so I either take the $500 FCC now, or make final payment and hope they cancel and refund all of it later. But it's unlikely I'll gamble there and I'm OK having the $500 FCC at risk.
  3. I believe I would get the deposit in an FCC, though I haven't read the policy lately to see if it's changed. I should do that. And thank for the info. I assume they will not push the date out.
  4. Actually, it does. We could afford to essentially lose the money, but in this stock market, it's irresponsible to have to pull money out of other accounts to pay potential medical bills. There's also no 'throwing money down the drain' by cancelling early. I'd still get an FCC for the small deposit we have down. It would potentially be throwing money away to make the final payment because Celebrity could change their policy at any time and may no longer offer 100% refunds for cancelled cruises. We don't know. Can we get back to the original question? If anyone has personal experience, please let me know.
  5. The original date was 3/31 with my TA. I called them and they removed the auto payment. Celebrity's date if 4/13, but my TA warned me they need the payment before that if I want to keep the reservation.
  6. That's my take on it too. It's thousands of dollars and if one of us ends up sick and in the hospital (not likely, but possible), then my max out of pocket is almost $14K. We are both working, but my husband already had a pay reduction. It just seems irresponsible to tie up that money for months.
  7. If they need payment this week, yes. I can't see tying up that much money in a cruise that is unlikely to happen. I can't move my plane tickets yet so I've already tied up a large chunk of money.
  8. Probably, yes, but if they'll extend the payment date, there's no reason to cancel yet. It's mid July.
  9. I have one due this week. I used a TA so can't contact Celebrity directly. Before I go through the hassle of calling my TA and having them call Celebrity, has anyone gotten an extension on their final payment date? I'm guessing no, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
  10. Not worried about the NRD hit, but still holding out hope that mid-July cruise could take place.
  11. Thanks. Still trying to decide if I make final payment for our July cruise to Italy LOL.
  12. I've mostly seen discussions of future cruise credits, but the program also lists a change sail date option. Does anyone have info on that? Is it better than a FCC, or the same thing? I was wondering if that option would allow you to select a different sailing but keep your incentives, etc, or lock in the same price, etc. If it does, I would assume it would need to be the same itinerary?
  13. It starts on 3/14 so in theory...
  14. Agree, your cruise might be cancelled (and you'd likely get a refund rather than FCC). But if not, I do think she's right as I've heard that from several others who were surprised they had to put a deposit down. You can use the FCC for excursions I think.
  15. What offer is Disney making to those on affected cruises? I haven’t seen that info yet.
  16. Our July cruise on Infinity (Venice to Rome) was still at 90% yesterday afternoon. We haven't hit final payment date yet though.
  17. I am US based so not sure what applies to you. But since you haven’t made final payment yet, you are only risking your deposit. If you have a non-refundable deposit, the normal policy would be you lose $100 per person as a penalty and the rest of your deposit would go to a future cruise credit. Under cruise with confidence, they are giving it all back to you in a future cruise credit instead of keeping the penalty fee. It’s a better deal and with a non-refundable deposit you would never get it back in cash. if you had a refundable deposit, you should be able to get that back.
  18. Some TAs have cancellation fees. Check your original receipt from them and check their online policies.
  19. Viking also paused their cruises - until April 30th I believe. But yes, I do think Princess did it because of all the bad press.
  20. I don't see this info on their site, so all I know is that someone said it on posts here.
  21. I believe RCL modified their policy so people didn't lose their FCC. Seems like an argument could be made with Celebrity based on that info.
  22. From the notice, and quite impressive: "In addition, Princess will honor this offer for those guests who had made final payment and cancelled their booking on or after February 4, 2020."
  23. I agree with this - they're giving you a choice (if what has been reported is actually true, still no verification from Celebrity publicly): 1) cancel under original terms, get a refund of the non-penalty amount according to schedule and then forfeit the penalty completely or 2) get 100% of the money in an FCC (and only refunded prepaid gratuities, etc. but not unpenalized cruise fare)
  • Create New...