Having done this itinerary last September, there is no way I would fly in the day of. We were scheduled to fly out of Knoxville on Saturday the day before sailing. Earlier that week, Hurricane Florence started gaining strength and was swerving towards the Atlantic coast. On Wednesday, we received a travel alert from American. I called and was asked if we had leeway to change our travel plans as they didn't know how Florence would affect Charlotte. I said we could, so on Thursday we left Knoxville and flew to San Juan via Philadelphia. For our Journeys cruise in February, it was cheaper to fly out of Nashville instead of Knoxville. Due to an issue at BNA, it was almost 11 PM before we got to our hotel in Miami. On the return flight from MIA to BNA, our flight was delayed due to not having a pilot for our flight home. Too many variables for flying in the day of.