Jump to content

James S

Members
  • Content Count

    10
  • Joined

About James S

  • Rank
    Cool Cruiser

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. It must have been the Whisper. I can’t believe my email was right on the cusp of penalty-free cancellation. Looks like I’m at the mercy of SS.
  2. Here’s my first email string on the subject I found from April 20, right around 120 days prior to sailing: “I will look into it tomorrow and get back to you
  3. That is apparently not the policy in the United States. I wanted to cancel more than 120 days out, but my travel agent told me it would be a 15% penalty. I am not a very happy camper right now.
  4. I certainly hope they have enough money left over for refunds for the anticipated August cancellations!
  5. NJ Cruiserman, my TA has been telling me it’s a 15% penalty up until May 20 and then a 50% cancellation penalty after that. I haven’t seen the cancellation policy in writing from SS, but I assumed he was telling me the truth. Are you saying he’s been misinforming me? The TA was referred by a friend, but is not the brightest bulb in the box.
  6. Right, but less a 15% penalty, no?
  7. Thanks, Alexandria. I am trying to cancel my dispute now. Thanks so much for your suggestion.
  8. Thanks so much, Jolly Jones. Now my agent is offering me 125% FCC, but I still kind of want my refund. Not sure what to do. I wonder how long they’ll wait. The agent is telling me they could move the cruise from Venice to a new cruise embarkation port, but that would defeat part of the purpose of the cruise, as we wanted to spend a little time in Venice. I really don’t want to play chicken with them. I want them to be honorable and cancel the cruise and give me my refund.
  9. Thank you both so much! Yes, that’s what I was planning to do. I hope and assume they will cancel. I actually disputed their charge with my credit card company in an effort to get their “attention.”
  10. My cruise line, Silver Sea, is requiring me to forfeit 15% of the almost $10,000 I paid them if I cancel by May 20. Fifty percent after that. Their cruise sails out of Venice, one of the epicenters of COVID-19 in Italy, in late August. My girlfriend doesn’t want to risk it. Silver Sea claims they are still sailing, but I don’t really believe them. I believe they are claiming they are not canceling so as to make money off our cancellation fees. Any suggestions?
×
×
  • Create New...