Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

dodgestang

Members
  • Content Count

    697
  • Joined

About dodgestang

  • Rank
    Cool Cruiser

About Me

  • Location
    Cecil County, MD
  • Interests
    Mustangs
  • Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    RC
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Coco

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Not sure its been mentioned or not....the FCC can't be used for the depo....so that means you do not need (or want) to wait for the FCC prior to booking the replacement (especially if you have a specific cabin you want)
  2. Whoa there.....didn't mean to derail the thread into yet another other COVID-19 measurement contests. PSA....sharing a news tidbit saying clearly the virus doesn't spread as easily on surfaces as first thought is not an open invitation that I want to start an internet argument since neither one of us is saying the virus doesn't spread that way; just that it doesn't spread as easily as thought. So, you know the whole doom and gloom images of countries walking around outside sanitizing side walks that help whipped up this entire crapfest? Well, now that we know more about the virus those actions appear now to be what we call in the industry 'an overreaction' 🙂
  3. No one knows....we can only make assumptions at this point.
  4. Some good news coming out of CDC today......according to this news source https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-now-says-coronavirus-does-not-spread-easily-via-contaminated-surfaces
  5. Well silver lining (at least for me)....cruising to the private islands is preferable to some of the ports ;). Especially if do enjoy the beach/water sport/activities.....
  6. 1. Hold onto money as long as possible before having to start refund process and get as many final payments in as possible from people holding out hope that didn't cancel already. 2. Waiting a little longer than previous because they didn't want to make negative announcement on one day and then negative announcement about losses at earnings call only a few days later
  7. Well....it is only an assumption 😉 An assumption that can be extended 😉 maybe previous break even model/published info doesn't not take into account additional costs around covid-19 activities......like cleaning efforts/supplies during sailings decon between sailings personnel requirements to support screening at various ports of calls Unknown/TBD costs that may be assessed at various ports of call
  8. I would 'assume' these have lower total operation cost.
  9. Well if that's the case....they they are just protecting themselves right...... If I do a lift and shift now.....I get same pricing. If I do a 'move my money to a new booking cruise' (which is essentially the same as a lift and shift without the same price guarantee) using a 125% future cruise credit it then turns into a small gambling dice throw....will the room/itinerary have greater than a 25% rate increase for next year........but.........I already pre-booked the room to insulated myself from that and the rate was about the same. I only did that for the one room...so my only exposure would be on the GS category.....I think that's a good gamble 😉
  10. They way I see it you have 3 options. 1. Straight cancel (assuming you are fully refundable) 2. Lift/shift into next year 3. Make final payment, wait for cancel, and hope for a 125% credit to apply to bring cost down for next year. Since you have not bought airfare yet you can wait on that till very close in. It all comes down to if you can afford to tie up the funds for the sailing for almost a year or not to take option 3
  11. lol. The time to go on a cruise is whenever the boats sail ;). So until it is cancelled... Trying times for sure. But at some point....someone.....somewhere.....is going to be the 'first' sailing when cruising restarts. No one knows when, or who, or where yet.....
  12. That is a possiblility. The 125% covers about 50% of my 1st reservation so thinking I would end up with 125% again from April, plus 125% of what wasn't covered by that FCC and paid in cash. Then I have a second reservation on the same sailing. I don't see a big delta yet in pricing between the two (2020 and 2021) in the room category we sail in.
  13. I certainly could. I try not to say certain things on this forum anymore because literally someone who looked me up on the internet based on my user name and started sending hate mail to my personal email addresses. But to put it bluntly....I don't want to lift/shift until after a cancel happens. We have a Royal Suite and a Grand Suite reserved. Getting a GS is easy so wasn't worried about getting into one if this gets cancelled, but the RS is a single room per sailing....so I want to make sure I protecting my room choice hence the reservation and not just wait to do a lift and shift after formal notice of cancel.
  14. Yeah.....fully expected that.......final payment has already passed....so everyone on the Aug 2 sailing is committed.....but......the rest of the month hasn't based final payment......so yeah. 😞
×
×
  • Create New...