This .pdf was uploaded to Celebrity's TA-oriented website today: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Beverage_Pkg_Perk_Price_Increase-Field-Trade_One_Pager.pdf
It basically confirms what has been said by TAs in the thread; that the fare increase when choosing CBP as one of the two perks/when choosing all four perks is 14$ per person per day. Ie. if choosing eg. prepaid gratuities and wifi, you will get a fare 14$ lower pppd, than if choosing prepaid gratuities and CBP.
Bookings completed before October 10, 2019 will NOT have a fare increase, BUT if the booking is changed after October 10, this will result in a fare increase of 14$ pppd.
BEVERAGE PKG PERK PRICING UPDATE
1. This is not a service fee
2. It is a price increase when choosing the beverage package as a perk
WHAT IS INCREASING?
• The price of the Beverage Pkg when selected as a perk
• This price increase is $14/day/person
WHO WILL BE CHARGED THIS INCREASE?
• Sail Plus & Sail All-Included --- when selecting Beverage Pkg as a Perk for Inside → AquaClass
• Suites are EXCLUDED from this increase
WHEN DOES THIS PRICE INCREASE BEGIN?
• New bookings made selecting Beverage Pkg as a Perk on 10.10.19 and onwards
• Any bookings serviced/modified that involves selecting Beverage as a Perk on 10.10.19 and onwards
• Any booking that had Beverage Pkg as Perk prior to 10.10.19 will not be affected
WHY IS THIS TAKING PLACE?
• For over 7 years, we have not increased the beverage pkg perk price, however, our costs have increased.
• Despite the Beverage Pkg perk price increase, our Bev Pkg pricing remains well below the industry average
CRUISE LINE B
PERK BEVERAGE PACKAGE
Classic Beverage Package
Premium Beverage Package **
Premium Beverage Package
+ 20% GRATUITY & SERVICE
+ 20% GRATUITY
+ 20% GRATUITY
INCREASED BEVERAGE COST
WHEN SELECTED AS A PERK
Lowest available fare, no perks
Perks (Wifi, Grats, or OBC)
Perks with beverage package
Sail All Included
THE BEVERAGE PERK CHARGE IS $14/ DAY PER PERSON.
IF PURCHASED ONBOARD OR PRE-CRUISE, THE CLASSIC BEVERAGE PACKAGE IS $59/DAY +20% GRATUITY FOR A TOTAL OF $70.80 PER DAY.
**The cost to upgrade to our Premium Beverage Package remains the same at $10 pp, per day.
1. Q: Why am I seeing a different price when I choose a beverage package perk?
A: Since we began offering perks within our pricing strategy, we have not increased pricing. We’ve been absorbing the increased cost of beverage perks for some time; we now offsetting the cost.
2. Q: Why are we displaying the increase separately?
A: We’re utilizing the current system functionality.
3. Q: Will Travel Advisors receive commission on the new Beverage Package Perk Pricing?
A: Travel Advisors will continue to receive commission for the perk as part of the cruise fare. The Cruise Fare pricing reflects the “Perks” chosen by your clients and therefore you earn commission on the total cruise fare, as today.
4. Q: Will there be additional price programs displayed in Espresso and other booking tools?
A: No, there will be the same number of price programs as there are today.
5. Q: Will the Beverage Package Perk pricing affect pricing on all Celebrity sailings?
A: No, this cost does not apply to Galapagos ships/sailings since the Galapagos pricing is all inclusive.
6. Q: If I’m under the legal drinking age, do I still pay the same price for the beverage package perk?
A: Yes, if the guest is under the legal drinking age, and is the 1st or 2nd guest in the stateroom, they will still see the increased cost. The package will be non-alcoholic.
7. Q: Do I need to tip onboard for beverages if I’ve selected the beverage package perk?
A: No, you do not. However, guests may leave an additional tip to recognize outstanding service.
8. Q: Why should I select the beverage package perk when I book my cruise?
A: The beverage package perk is still the best value for the guest. On a 10N cruise, if you purchase a beverage package through PCP or onboard, it would cost you $59+20% gratuities, at total of $70.80 per person, per day, or $708 pp. When you select 2 perks with the beverage package the increase cost is only $140 per person.
9. Q: If I book Sail All Included, in a suite stateroom, will the price be increased?
A: When selecting a suite (4 perks for Suites), there will not be an increase, this price is inclusive of four perks.
10. Q: If I book Sail All Included, in a non-Suite category, will there be an increase?
A: When you book an inside, outside, veranda, Concierge, Aqua, there is a price increase of $14 per person per day, plus the current upgrade cost of $35 per person per day.
11. Q:Is the Beverage Perk still the best value?
A: Yes, the beverage package perk is still the best value of all four perks. Below is an illustration for a 10N cruise, when you
select 2 perks (per person cost):
Pre-Cruise or Onboard Purchase
12. Q: For unnamed groups will the Bev Pkg Perk rate increase if they select the Bev perk when they name their group booking?
A: Yes, if they are naming their groups after 10/10/19, the guest will be charged the Beverage Perk Charge.
13. Q: Will named groups be protected?
A: Yes, same as individual bookings.
14. Q: If I change my perk to the beverage package perk, will my rate increase?
A: Yes. If the booking has been named and deposited and the guest changes their perk selection after 10/10/19, they will be charged. This applies to individual and group bookings.
15. Q: Will groups process be the same?
A: Yes, the process will be the same.
16. Q: For existing contracted group rates will there be an additional charge?
A: No, contracted groups will be protected based on their contract terms.
17. Q: Will contacted groups receive this additional charge when selecting the beverage package?
A: New contracted groups will receive the additional charge when selecting the beverage package
18. Q: Will the beverage perk price be increased during extra sales like The BIG Deal?
A: Yes, there will be an increase if the guest chooses the beverage package as a perk.
19. Q: If there is a double name change to a group booking with a beverage promo, will the beverage perk charge be applied?
A: Yes the beverage perk charge will apply to group bookings that select a beverage perk, if there is a double name change.
20. Q: Will NET rates receive the Beverage Package Perk?
A: No, NET rates will not be eligible to receive perks.
21. Q: If a guest upgrades to a Suite via the Move Up upgrade bidding program, will there be a Beverage Perk charge?
A: Guests who upgrade to a Suite via the Move Up bidding process do not receive the 4-Perk Suite offer but rather will retain the perks they originally chose with their booking.
22. Q: Will pricing change with currency fluctuations?
A: The exchange rates may be periodically updated, same as today.
23. Q: How does this affect Zenith loyalty members?
A: Zenith members receive a complimentary Premium Beverage Package as part of their tier benefits. Therefore, we recommend Zenith members choose another perk and obtain their beverage package benefit onboard.
24. Q: If a Ship and Sail date on a “Future Cruise” booking is changed after October 10, 2019 and the guest has chosen a Beverage Package as an amenity, will the guest will be charged the $14.00 per person per day, Beverage Package Perk charge on the new booking?
A: Yes, if the guest has chosen a Beverage Package perk as an amenity, the Beverage Package Perk charge will be added to the new ship and sail date.