Jump to content

mnjack

Members
  • Content Count

    15
  • Joined

About mnjack

  • Rank
    Cool Cruiser

About Me

  • Location
    Huntersville, NC

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Just checking in to see what was going on. Not terribly encouraging! We booked a Lyon to Marseille cruise originally for March 2020. We cancelled moments before Viking did and rebooked for early April 2021. This cruise was also cancelled and we have not yet rebooked - still sitting on our voucher(s). I don't want to have to rebook again so waiting for a bit more clarity on the Covid situation in Europe, and it hasn't happened yet!
  2. Our April cruise has been officially cancelled. Looking forward to rescheduling, just not sure for when. Got an email from Viking yesterday, that included this: For now, though, our scheduled cruise departures must wait – and we are extending our suspension of scheduled departures through May 31, 2021.
  3. Received an email from Viking yesterday, in part: For now, though, our scheduled cruise departures must wait – and we are extending our suspension of scheduled departures through May 31, 2021.
  4. We booked a cruise for 3/24/2020 and it wasn't officially cancelled by Viking until 2 weeks before that date. We decided we weren't going - and cancelled - a few hours before Viking officially cancelled the cruise. Several months later we booked a replacement cruise.... for 4/4/2021! Viking has cancelled all cruises through 3/30/2021. At this point I don't see how our 4/4 date is going to happen. France seems to be going in the wrong direction. We are just going to wait until it is officially cancelled, which could be days before the scheduled embarkation date. It is a little nerve-wracking
  5. @thptrek , My friendly advice is to wait until the very last minute to cancel. We went through a similar analysis in Feb/March for our March 24, 2020 Viking Cruise. We decided based on information available that the risk was too great, so when Viking offered a 100% voucher for cancelled cruises we accepted what I felt was a generous offer. I thought if everyone insisted on a cash refund it could force the company into bankruptcy. After I accepted their 100% voucher offer - the very next day - Viking announced a 125% voucher offer on cancelled trips! Now we are booked on the same
  6. My polite request to be considered for a 125% voucher was denied.
  7. I am reading many stories similar to ours: We were booked on 3/24 Lyons river cruise. After the 3/2 email/offer from Viking we leaned towards cancelling and taking the 100% voucher, which I considered extremely fair given the circumstances. Although I appreciated the offer of waiting until 24 hours before departure to cancel, it didn't seem fair to Viking to wait until the last day. So..... on March 10, I called Viking and following their instructions, sent an email requesting cancellation at around 5pm on March 10!! We didn't even get a confirm email until after 5pm the next day, which was
  8. Yes, just got the email. I think their offer is very generous. My plan was to go on the flights and the river cruise unless it was cancelled. Now I will have to make the decision myself. I am also a little worried that they may have to cancel our cruise if enough people cancel. Would they cruise if 50% cancelled? So even if we don't cancel, I won't be surprised if they cancel on us. Given the average age of their clientele (Our previous Viking river cruise seemed to me to be mostly Americans in their 70s) I think many will be likely to do what they think is the prudent thing and cancel.
×
×
  • Create New...