Jump to content

DonnaMW

Members
  • Content Count

    331
  • Joined

Posts posted by DonnaMW


  1. Well I only noticed it today when I went in to make final payment for trip next April 2021. I made the payment. Then saw bad news. Called tonite and cancelled payment. No use letting them have thousands of my money until I find out a solution.


    Sent from my iPhone using Forums


    Well all straightened out.
    I’m back to paid in full and no problem with my friends reservation. It took until Monday but all is good now.
    They did the right thing honoring and price guaranteeing us.
    Good job Vantage.


    Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  2. Yikes, I hope they do they right thing by you. It would be terrible for them not to stand by their word.
     
    I'm still waiting somewhat patiently for our refund....
     

    Well I only noticed it today when I went in to make final payment for trip next April 2021. I made the payment. Then saw bad news. Called tonite and cancelled payment. No use letting them have thousands of my money until I find out a solution.


    Sent from my iPhone using Forums

  3. Yes my trip in May to Egypt was just cancelled Wednesday. Gave them a call And I was sure I would have hard time rebooking because I am Solo and the availability looked slim. Well the couple traveling with me, we did conference call and had no problem transferring our trip to March 2021 which was our choice. No monies due even swap and they gave me a double cabin because no singles available.
    We are so please. We booked a year ago and when the price was way cheaper.
    All the transfers took less then 20 minutes.
    Great job Vantage


    Sent from my iPhone using Forums

    Well unfortunately I spoke too soon. Last week everything ok on my invoice
    Surprise surprise. Today it says I owe another 8k
    Well of course the promise of single guarantee went away.

    I saw it last week. Zero. Then someone changed it.
    On phone. With accounting. Sorry we will have to go to management. They better straighten out or I don’t care how much it cost to cancel all 4 future cruises with them.
    Said I may get call back today before 6. RIGHT. Not counting on it

    The last time I don’t get a written notice from them. But I went by the on line invoice and it showed zero.


    Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  4. You should be hearing from Vantage now. They just updated their website today. 

    Yes my trip in May to Egypt was just cancelled Wednesday. Gave them a call And I was sure I would have hard time rebooking because I am Solo and the availability looked slim. Well the couple traveling with me, we did conference call and had no problem transferring our trip to March 2021 which was our choice. No monies due even swap and they gave me a double cabin because no singles available.
    We are so please. We booked a year ago and when the price was way cheaper.
    All the transfers took less then 20 minutes.
    Great job Vantage


    Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  5. 1 hour ago, TYMAN said:

     

    If this is for Mariner, I'm in an Aft Balcony and bid on the GS & 2br GS. Haven't heard back yet, but no biggie, the aft balconies are huge anyway.....I got an unbelievable casino rate for this one, so I'm guessing I won't be close.

    Well one day after changing got the upgrade email.     $200 starting GS and $350 2br    Yes like you got a great casino rate. 

    close to your amounts???

     

  6. Have two cabins inside on the Mariner Aug 19   still showing as guarantees   No insides listed sold out.

     

    I got one email for the cabin for 2 to bid  but the cabin for 3 nothing.   The link above says it has to be 30 days well it is 29 and the link did not work for either reservation

     

    No inside left should I hold out and see what my guarantee gets me????  Thanks

  7. 1 hour ago, bebtwice said:

    Interesting that you, Donna, and ural guy were told the Dorint, where as in our call, we were told either the Dorint or Hyperion. Too bad we all can't be in one hotel. Both look decent.

    Well I wrote them this morning and kindly ask which hotel. My hubby is in assisted living and I truly need the info in case of emergency. 

    She wrote me back and she had just gotten the list  we are at the Hypernion. 

    So Boston does know now. 

  8. 2 hours ago, ural guy said:

    Vantage River Voyager update:  Received a call from corporate today @ 1200, we were told we would be checking into the Dorint Hotel in Basel for 2 nights.  While we were driving to Newark, received another call that we would be in a hotel for 5 nights, and joining the boat in Koblenz.

     

     

    So at least we now know were to go when we get to Basel.

     

    Starting vacation with a Guinness and a Sam Adams in the airport lounge.

    Yes got our call tonite.  You were told your hotel. They did not inform us. My only concern to them was that I be in same hotel as my neighbors.   They said we should be. Hopefully.    Go with Flow.  Maybe more changes coming. But at least I can finish packing tommorrow. 

  9. 1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

    Hmm... actually, I missed what is probably the most likely solution.

     

    Hotel/coach starting in Basel and have the ship meet you as soon as it can along the route, then return to Amsterdam...

     

    I guess it is going to wait and aim to meet you half-way so it still has time to get back to Amsterdam 

    Yes neighbor on phone now. Obviously she wasn’t the first called which she was told she was Now my concern am I going to be with my neighbors ????

  10. 3 hours ago, notamermaid said:

    Thanks everyone for helping out. And sorry about the confusion. It does actually take quite a while to sail from Amsterdam to Basel, I mean longer than one thinks. Top speed of a river cruise ship is not that high. 10 to 12 knots is usually given, the most I have read is a bit more than 12 knots (22.2 kilometres), 24 kilometres. The River Voyager has been recorded on marrinetraffic as doing less. The distance is less, I would calculate with 900 kilometres. Nevertheless nothing can get this down to 40 hours. I was erring somewhere and judging from my research  but the concierge I think misunderstood stood you as downstream Basel Amsterdam at 12 knots is doable in 40 hours if the distance is 880 kilometres! Again without the time waiting at locks.

     

    notamermaid

     

    Thank you so much for all the figures but maybe in vain. As I am writing I am in the emergency room with my husband.  He is in an assisted living but doing good. 

    I hope just a visit not being admitted. 😩😩😩😩😩😩

×
×
  • Create New...