Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About quiesedba41

  • Rank
    Cool Cruiser
  1. quiesedba41

    Passport Clarification Needed..

    I just came back from the bahamas through Prot canaveral, the border guys said the if you are leaving and returning in using the same port, you will never need a passport. BUT after having done this, if you can get the passport, get it. so much better and easier.
  2. quiesedba41

    The on going saga of tipping

    Ok, after going on a short cruise, on RC, I must say that I did not mind in the least tipping the staff. I had three cabins and one steward was not too good, but other than that, they deserve every penny. The dining room guys we had Sina and John were the absolute best. I went ahead and tipped them extra.....I felt I owed it to them. I cannot say enough about the dining staff. So I stand corrected.....sorry for ignorance.....I have already booked for next year. The stuff for childern was off the chart....too much......cruising is a blast !
  3. quiesedba41

    Domestic Sailing

    I know we do not need a passport, and I could not justify getting 8 of them, when my family my not enjoy cruising. But for the adults does the name on the Birth cert. need to match the name on the drivers lic. My wife's does not due to getting married.
  4. DOMESTIC SAILINGS Guests on consecutive sailings must ensure they have the proper travel documents for their entire cruise vacation. Passport Requirements The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) once fully implemented will require all travelers entering or reentering the United States to be in the possession of a valid passport. Anticipated Implementation October 1, 2007 - The departments of State and Homeland Security reestablished the valid passport requirements for air travel. Valid passports are required for air travel to / from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. U.S. lawful permanent residents will continue to be able to use their Alien Registration Card (Form I-551) issued by the Department of Homeland Security or other valid evidence of permanent residence status to apply for entry to the United States. As early as June 1, 2009 - A valid passport will be required for all U.S. citizens for all sea and air travel. And subject to U.S. Government amendment, U.S. and Canadian citizens 15 or younger with their parents consent may cross the U.S./Canadian border by land or sea with a certified copy of their birth certificate. Until that time Sea Travel Only For domestic travel which includes: the Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico, a passport (valid or expired) is highly recommended.In the absence of a passport, a birth certificate (original or certified copy), plus laminated picture ID card issued by a federal, state, or local government agency is required. Note: Baptismal papers and hospital certificates of birth (except for new borns) are not acceptable.For U.S. Naturalized citizens, in the absence of a passport, Naturalization papers (either original or notarized copy) plus a picture ID card issued by a federal, state, or local government agency is required.A voter registration card or Social Security Card are not considered to be proof of citizenship.Children under 16 years of age do not require a picture ID.
  5. quiesedba41

    Passport Clarification Needed..

    From what I have read we will not need them due to the date being pushed back to 2009. BUT does RCCL require it? Their Webpage is out of date.
  6. quiesedba41

    Port Canaveral

    When I drive down there where do I keep my truck while on the cruise?
  7. quiesedba41

    Passport Clarification Needed..

    I live in Tn. From what I read I do not think we will need passports. I'm thinking of getting them for my wife and me since we will be traveling more.
  8. quiesedba41

    Casino's on Royal Caribbean

    the dealer was sitting on 6
  9. quiesedba41

    Passport Clarification Needed..

    I'm traveling in June 2008 to bahamas...just a short 3 day from Orlando. Does my family need passports? From I have read we do not. But what exactly is the procedure when we arrive at the port?
  10. quiesedba41

    Casino's on Royal Caribbean

    are they using a 6 deck shoe?
  11. quiesedba41

    Casino's on Royal Caribbean

    i will split 10's all day long if the dealer has a 6 up
  12. quiesedba41

    I hope this helps the Passport Questions

    If you are traveling in the Western Hemisphere, (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central and South America): ALL persons*, including U.S. citizens, traveling by air between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda are required to present a valid passport, Air NEXUS card, or U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document. Oral declarations are no longer accepted from U.S., Canadian or Bermudan travelers seeking to enter the U.S. by sea and/or land. Travelers will need to present a valid government issued ID and a birth certificate or naturalization certificate. As late as Spring 2009 - At a later date to be determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of State. ALL persons*, including U.S. citizens, traveling between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land or sea (including ferries), may be required to present a valid passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security. While recent legislative changes permit a later deadline, the Departments of State and Homeland Security are working to meet all requirements as soon as possible. Ample advance notice will be provided to enable the public to obtain passports or passport cards for land/sea entries. Air/Land and Sea - Lawful Permanent Residents (Green card holder's) do NOT need a passport to enter the United States, however you may need a passport to enter another country. Please contact the embassy of the foreign country you will be traveling to for their requirements. *Military personnel traveling under orders may present photo id and orders. Family members must present a passport. Lawful permanent residents (LPR's), refugees, and asylees will continue to be able to use their Alien Registration Card (Form I-551), issued by DHS, or the Travel Document issued to persons with refugee or asylee status to apply for entry to the United States. LPR's may still need to present a passport for entry into a foreign destination. For this reason airlines may deny boarding to LPR's traveling without a passport. If traveling from outside the Western Hemisphere, all U.S. citizens MUST present a passport, including children and infants. Travel by Land or Sea - If a U.S. citizen does not have a passport or a certified copy of a birth certificate, the following may be accepted as proof of citizenship: - A U.S. state or federal government-issued birth record (note: hospital-issued birth certificates are not acceptable) or naturalization paper. If a U.S. citizen child was recently born, and no copy of the birth certificate is available, bring whatever paperwork the hospital has given you as a record of the birth. If you do not have a certified copy of your birth certificate, one can be requested from the Vital Records office in the State where you were born. Laminated Birth Certificates are not useful for purposes of establishing citizenship because it is impossible to determine they are certified. A Certificate of Citizenship, or Certificate of Naturalization are also accepted [note: notarized photocopies or notarized fax copies of such certificates are acceptable, but affidavits of citizenship and voter registrations are not). Neither of the above will be acceptable for persons 16 or older unless accompanied by a government issued photo ID. For information about what documents are required for a U.S. resident to enter a foreign country, we advise you to contact the embassy or consulate general of the country you intend to travel to in order to find out what documents they require you to have for entry. It is important to understand that some Western Hemisphere countries require you to have a passport for entry into their country, even though the U.S. does not require you to have one to re-enter the U.S.
  13. Here what I as able to find out. Royal Caribbean does NOT make you have a passport to board the ship. Royal Caribbean is following the US policies. this is from the US State Dept. about going inot the Bahamas ENTRY/EXIT REQUIREMENTS: All Americans traveling to and from the United States by air must have a passport. The passport requirement will be extended to sea travel, except on cruises originating and ending at the same point in the United States, as early as summer 2008. U.S. citizens who are returning from the Cayman Islands by sea, and who are not subject to the passport requirement, may present government-issued photo identification and a document showing their U.S. citizenship (for example, a birth certificate or certificate of nationalization). Further information on upcoming changes to U.S. passport policy can be found on the Bureau of Consular Affairs web site at: http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html. We strongly encourage all American citizen travelers to apply for a U.S. passport well in advance of anticipated travel. American citizens can visit travel.state.gov or call 1-877-4USA-PPT (1-877-487-2778) for information on how to apply for their passports. This is from US Borders and Customs
  14. quiesedba41

    Casino's on Royal Caribbean

    Yes, I would say I know a bit about BJ, I definately do not want to be on a table, where the crusier are asking me "what's a double down" should I take another card"
  15. Can anyone tell me, what type of games they have, the tables mini and max bets and when are they able to open? can they only open at sea?