Just off the Equinox yesterday. Fabulous time. 9/5/17 arrived at the port at assigned time of about ll:45 (11:30 to 12:00) and we were in our cabin - Veranda with slanted balcony (7286) 7 minutes later. No muss, no fuss. No tracelettes. (happy Dance). Room keys were outside the door. Everything in the cabin was spotless. All previously ordered items in the cabin as requested.
Cabin was quite small. Hard to pass each other anywhere in the cabin. Balcony was WONDERFUL (I ASKED FOR A LOUNGE CHAIR AND IT WAS THERE WHEN WE GOT BACK FROM DINNER). Bathroom was adequate. Lots of linens and toiletries.
Of special Interest:
1. We had the DRINKS AND MORE package. Let me just says this about that. We requested a different beer, asked for no diet coke but extra regular coke and our requests were honored. We had the power bars x 2 and Pringles x 2 every day along with the 4 bottles of Tito's Vodka. Never missed a day of refills. Small bottles of white wine and red wine were excellent. The large bottles of red and white wine, not so much...
2. We had dinner in Murano's the first night. Excellent food but rather stuffy for our laid back taste. (example: we asked to be seated near the window and were told the windows were covered over, "no need for a view while dining here in our dining room") I guess he told me!
3. Dinner at Tuscan three times. Excellent during all three visits.
4. Shows in the Theater were excellent. During the first half of the cruise there was a Comedian one evening that really stunk. The ship asked him to leave at the first port as there were so many complaints. Trust me, he was really bad. We actually walked out. All the other shows were great.
5. Several programs were with the Cruise Director Eddy and the Activities Director Peter, oh my God, they were so funny. They make a fantastic team. No to miss.
6. Casino, oh boy, were the slots stiff. Entered the first slot tournament (there were several). Cost was $25.00 prize was $500 IN SLOT CREDIT - NO CASH. Didn;' enter any more after that. Did the math. 10 people playing 4 rounds. $1,000.00 CASH they took in and paid out in slot credits. In other words, no one ever received $500.00 as winnings. (as tight as the slots were).
More to follow - ask away if you have any questions from a Steerage point of view (lol)