1. Port Douglas is a tender Port
2. The tenders arrive at the Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina
3. It takes about 20 - 25 depending on weather
4. The Marina has public bathroom facilities as well as a few restuarants and a brewery with their own bathrooms
5. To get to the main street is about 5 minutes walk. The beach is about 15 minutes walk (don't swim on the marina side - crocodiles) Port Douglas has local shuttle services that cost $3 per person to the main shopping area if you would prefer. Any business will call one for you or you can flag them down on the street. It will cost a little extra to get further from the centre, say to Wildlife Habitats.
Hope you enjoy your time in PD.