Let me begin by saying it has been several years since our last cruise as we have been busy with weddings and the birth of grandchildren. There have been a lot of changes since our last cruise some we liked some we didn’t. Anything negative I write about this cruise please understand did not detract from our cruise, we had a fabulous time and booked a future cruise while on board.
Brilliance of the Seas, March 3rd
1) Embark/disembark both were very smooth and fast.
2) Ship clean and nice
3) Junior suite was smaller than others we have had. We booked adjoining Jr’s with friends was disappointed balcony partition did not open but this was design of ship. We also were located under Windjammer which we were nervous about because on another cruise we had such a cabin and it was very loud. But it was all that was available so we took a chance this time it was fairly quiet.
4) Cabin steward was very nice and friendly. We did have to ask for our robes and laundry bag not a big deal he did bring promptly although he never did get us a room service menu…but again no big deal.
5) Coupon book or lack there of….this was disappointing. Coupons were not as good as they use to be. Sheet was smudged and parts unreadable we asked for a new one but never received. Discount in logo shop was not automatically applied had to ask about it. The girl did void and re-ring but seemed annoyed. We did not receive automatic discount on ironing either. I understand the want to save paper yet every night our bed was filled with printed flyers for one thing or another.
6) My time dining first time we tried and really liked. Our servers were Kerwyn and Stephan. They were excellent and made the dining experience exceptional we were happy to add extra to their gratuity they deserved it. We also tried the up-charge lobster….it was excellent and worth every penny.
7) Pre-paid drink package we loved having this and having it all paid for in advance. However bar service was absolutely HORRIBLE! Do not know if this was because so many had the drink package or just bad service by Royal Caribbean. There was little to NO table service at any bars or pool area for drinks and often 20-30 minute wait at the bar to get a drink. The bartenders in the solarium were the absolute worse. In general most of the bartenders seemed overwhelmed and under trained. Many did not know how to make some drinks and it was very inconsistent on how drinks tasted. They ran out of strawberry daiquiri mix and lemons pretty much ship wide early on the last day at sea…this seem odd to me, poor planning by someone. I must add there were many angry passengers really laying into the bartenders because of the poor service which I found annoying, it was obvious they were doing the best they could and no reason for people to be abusive to them. This was the fault of RCCI planners not the crew. We often added tips for them we felt so bad. Not just because they were overwhelmed but because of the abuse they were taking.
8) Entertainment was best we have ever had on a cruise! I wish I could remember all their names. Really enjoyed them all. Only hard part was when they played at same time we often bar hopped to be able to catch them all.
It was an excellent time and we are looking forward to our next cruise and hoping to squeeze one in before that one!