Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

About redsox1584

  • Rank
    Cool Cruiser

About Me

  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. The Lift and shift would be for next September plus or minus 4 weeks. You could also move your funds to another cruise date at the current rates, that’s what I did.
  2. I was also booked on Freedom in September 2020. I was told I could not lift and shift to anything because there were no Southern Caribbean itineraries in my window for next year. There are a few people I’ve seen on these boards that were able to switch from Southern to Eastern/Western but many have not been able to. I hope you have better luck than I did. But to answer your question those 2 ships are in the same class.
  3. Thought I would just provide an update to my situation. I was just on the phone with my large online travel agent and I was able to move my deposit no problem to another cruise in 2021. I did not do the lift and shift, I moved my deposit and will pay the current rates on the cruise. I was on hold for quite some time as the travel agent had to call Royal but they moved my deposit no problem and the new cruise is already in my Cruise Planner. I spent a total of 2 hours and 14 minutes on the phone. Also they explained that the new cruise would covered under the Cruise with Con
  4. Thank you for all of the info...certainly a lot to consider!
  5. Is there a limit to how many times I could move a deposit? I was looking at my same itinerary for March or April 2021 but not sure how things will be by then. Could I move my deposit a second time?
  6. I was looking at Symphony in September of 2021 as well...I might try calling my big box TA again!
  7. Did you get a refund for the full amount of the deposit or did they charge a fee? I have a NRD as well. And did you get a FCC or an actual cash refund?
  8. I hear ya...I’m hesitant to make the final payment and have that much money tied up
  9. That’s a good idea, I might try that. I booked through a big online TA.
  10. I have a Southern Caribbean cruise booked for September on Freedom of the Seas and the final payment is due in 7 days. I am debating whether to cancel now and take the FCC for our deposit amount or make the final payment. There is nothing for me to lift and shift to as there are no Southern Caribbean cruises for my window next year, they won’t let me change to an Eastern or Western. What are the chances this cruise actually happens? I’m concerned about being able to fly to San Juan and the islands not letting ships in. I booked this cruise specifically because I wanted to see the ABC islands
  11. I second the Renaissance hotel. It’s right across from the cruise port they have a shuttle I can’t remember how much it costs but it wasn’t expensive, you could also Uber it wouldn’t be expensive at all. I have stayed there twice prior to a cruise. One time we walked to a shopping center where there was a Total Wine so you could pick up some bottles of wine there for your cruise and one time we took an Uber to Las Olas Boulevard where there are tons of bars and restaurants.
  12. I haven’t tried to switch yet. I’m going to research the options this weekend and go from there. I had my heart set on the ABC islands so I might just move to a different date even though it is more expensive. I was considering trying to switch to an Eastern on Symphony but have not committed to anything yet.
  • Create New...