I just got off Indy April 5th and was also amazed at the 12$ cocktails that are over 14$ when they add the 18% auto gratuity. We don't drink enough to make the drink package pay, but do drink enough to run up a few hundred dollars in inflated bar bills. We turned Diamond during this cruise after sailing multiple RCCL cruises a year the last few years. We want to experience what cruising Diamond is like, so we are sailing Oasis in June. But after that, I can't any longer say I'm Loyal to Royal. We had another RCCL cruise scheduled (Brilliance in December), but after the drink prices on Indy we cancelled Brilliace and booked two cruises on Celebrity. Both come with free classic drink packages. And they didn't jack the cruise price up to cover the cost of the package.
I have to say the drink prices are not the only reason for my change of heart. But they are the straw that broke the camels back.
Since Royal cut the Diamond Plus benefits there is little incentive to stay loyal and spend all of my cruise dollars with them. I will now be looking for the best value for my cruise dollar instead of just accumulating points at any cost for little benefit.
OK, my little rant is over.
I will now go back to being a happy cruiser!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

1984 Windjammer Fantome
1989 Windjammer Flying Cloud
2000 Disney Wonder
2003 RCCL Radiance
2005 Celebrity Horizon
2007 RCCL Enchantment
2009 RCCL Freedom
2012 RCCL Enchantment
2013 RCCL Jewel
2013 RCCL Brilliance