Norwegian Getaway 9/9 through 9/16

GA Dave

That night dinner was at Cagney's. This was my favorite of the specialties. The filet mignon was incredible. My DW says it was a toss up for her between Cagney's and Teppanyaki. We also had a nice surprise here when our Concierge, Anoop, came by during our appetizers to make sure everything was to our liking, and that our service was acceptable (it was). Just a really nice gesture on his part.

I did forget to take pictures of the food.

IMG_1387_zpsyag7oefa.jpg

IMG_1389_zps995xrdas.jpg

IMG_1390_zpsxvzyrcld.jpg

The next day was Costa Maya. We had reserved the Salsa & Salsa Cooking and Dancing Lessons with Beach Brea excursion. Originally, this was scheduled from 8:30 - 11:30 AM, but due to some issue with the excursion company, it was moved back to a 12:50 PM meet. Due to this inconvenience, they gave us a $30pp discount. So, with my port excursion credit, this one was free for me! We started the day with breakfast at the Haven, then I did a bunch of exploring. First pictures are of the buffet items available at the Haven restaurant in addition to the menu hot food, then our "neighbors" on the dock, and then a bunch from the games available at O'Sheehan's. Please note that the games with green scanners are included in the gaming package, while those with yellow scanners are not included.

IMG_1481_zpsija0ere7.jpg

IMG_1482_zpsvomdfzlu.jpg

IMG_1479_zpssu7t9boo.jpg

IMG_1480_zpsxt2w6xew.jpg

IMG_1395_zpsuz2lexcg.jpg

After lunch at O'Sheehan's (Pub Dogs), we strolled by La Cucina. This restaurant looked mostly empty every night. I had not included this in our plans as we are originally from NY and read many reviews that were not positive.

IMG_1436_zps5zot7tsb.jpg

IMG_1437_zpsiocnu2bt.jpg

IMG_1438_zpsjlrn3rf9.jpg

IMG_1439_zpsq4ytx2yo.jpg

Next we went down the dock to Costa Maya. We found the spot where our excursion was meeting, then went to look at the shops. We were very surprised by the amount of NFL/NBA merchandise for sale, but very disappointed by the prices. My DW even told the one vendor that an item he would "mark down for us to $45" she had already wish-listed on Amazon for $20. :')

We went back to the waiting area and grabbed a drink and a picture with these scary guys.

IMG_1444_zpssnvehh1i.jpg