Free Drink Opportunities

DnA2010

Hi All,

New to princess, just curious where the free drink opportunities are :) I noticed on the other freebee thread started about a bar tending competition, and also the classic art auction, but curious what other opportunities are out there.

Hi All,

New to princess, just curious where the free drink opportunities are :) I noticed on the other freebee thread started about a bar tending competition, and also the classic art auction, but curious what other opportunities are out there.

There might be a pool side contest called Bar Wars. If they have it and if you are selected you get to drink the cocktail you prepare.

Art Auction provides poor quality champagne.

There is normally a champagne waterfall in the Piazza (atruim) one evening. Waiters walk around with poor quality champagne, rum punch and a few other drinks.

Each person 21 and over can carry on 1 x 750ml bottle of wine at no charge for use in your cabin. Additional bottles can be carried on, but are subject to a $15/bot. corkage when boarding. You can not bring on spirits or beers.

Coffee, tea, lemonade, ice tea, juices in the morning, are all free in the dining rooms and at the buffet.

Most alcoholic drinks on Princess ships are under $12. The automatic gratuity is 15%.

Cruise enough on Princess and you'll be invited to a Captain's Circle party where you can get free booze. Win a nighttime game show and win a bottle of shampoo, er, "Champagne." Cruise a thousand-plus days, become a Most Traveled Passenger, and you get a bottle of actually drinkable bubbly.

Edited by shepp

There will also be a martini tasting time, where they show how to make them. If you're willing to go up and shake your booty, and are one of the ones called, you get to keep the drink.

Some cruises (it might just be the Alaska sailings) have vodka tasting. This is in the teeny little "shot" glasses (about a sip or two worth), and you get to try them all. Hint: don't taste the salmon vodka. It's nasty.

Most ports in the Caribbean will have liquor tasting somewhere in the shops, especially those with a local drink specialty like Bermuda, St. Maartan, and Jamaica (rum cream - yum!).

And I agree with all about the free champagne. It's not even worth wasting the o.j. on. But if you have a minibar, the vodka is good to mix with the oj. You can save a glass of oj in the fridge after breakfast, and it's a good treat later on.

Edited by friend of Eeyore
Spelling

There will also be a martini tasting time, where they show how to make them. If you're willing to go up and shake your booty, and are one of the ones called, you get to keep the drink.

Some cruises (it might just be the Alaska sailings) have vodka tasting. This is in the teeny little "shot" glasses (about a sip or two worth), and you get to try them all. Hint: don't taste the salmon vodka. It's nasty.

Most ports in the Caribbean will have liquor tasting somewhere in the shops, especially those with a local drink specialty like Bermuda, St. Maartan, and Jamaica (rum cream - yum!).

And I agree with all about the free champagne. It's not even worth wasting the o.j. on. But if you have a minibar, the vodka is good to mix with the oj. You can save a glass of oj in the fridge after breakfast, and it's a good treat later on.

My son actually bought a number of the vodka types offered - including the Smoked Salmon vodka. I thought it was weird but he later claimed it made a great Bloody Mary.

Hi All,

Check out the daily Princess Patter BOGO+$1 buy one drink get second for $1. the venue is usually crowded

It's not crowded any more.

They've all dissipated lately.

Sad, isn't it. On our cruise last October Wheelhouse was packed twice a day for the BOGO. On our cruise in March Wheelhouse was mostly deserted at all times. It had to cut into the tips the bar staff got. (I did go through at least $100 in $1 bills though. :eek:)

There is normally a champagne waterfall in the Piazza (atruim) one evening. Waiters walk around with poor quality champagne, rum punch and a few other drinks.
In my experience, the waiters only serve champagne and mimosas at the champagne waterfall event. The rum punch and other drinks are at the Captain Circles party on the second formal night.

NEVER DRINK the free champagne!!!

Why not The boys make it fresh every Tuesday in the boiler room. :bottle-pop: I drank a half bottle once and I could see fine after only 4 hours. It’s a lot better then Sneaky Pete Wine...:) sorry I couldn’t help myself.:D:D

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

NEVER DRINK the free champagne!!!

If you add a lot of OJ to it can be drunk

Nope! The OJ is as bad as the champagne, unless you can get freshly squeezed OJ and then it would be a waste of good OJ.