Scooter help

JudieLarry

Looking for your help! I am shopping for a 3 wheel light for travel mobility scooter to take on cruise with me since my walking is getting a bit limited. I have narrowed choices down to 2 - Drive Scout vs Lexis Light Elite. Does anyone have personal experience with the Lexis since I am not able to see it in person. Online reviews still leave me undecided. Many thanks for your input!

Looking for your help! I am shopping for a 3 wheel light for travel mobility scooter to take on cruise with me since my walking is getting a bit limited. I have narrowed choices down to 2 - Drive Scout vs. Lexis Light Elite. Does anyone have personal experience with the Lexis since I am not able to see it in person. Online reviews still leave me undecided. Many thanks for your input!

Do not own either scooter you're considering. Assume you mean the 3 wheel Spitfire Scout by Drive Medical ? Both scooters have pluses and minus and I'm in no why endorsing one over the other just providing some information for consideration so you make the best decision to fit your personal needs.

• If you do not plan to book accessible cabins than you need to consider that most cruise ship standard cabin doors are 23" wide door frame to door frame. Because the door does not open flush to the wall 2" must be deducted leaving a maximum threshold clearance of only 21".
    • Lexis Light Elite is 22" at it's wheelbase ,
    • 3 wheel Spitfire Scout by Drive Medical is 20.5" at it's wheelbase.

[*]Turning radius . This is important when it comes to having to line the scooter up to get through a doorway. The smaller the turning radius the easier it will be to line up the scooter to get through a doorway. Hallway width on cruise ships vary from deck to deck.

• Lexis Light Elite ???
    • 3 wheel Spitfire Scout by Drive Medical Turning radius 45

[*]Ease of getting on and off the scooter as well as being able to stay seated in the scooter at a table.

• Lexis Light Elite - the seat is a stationary position which can make it difficult to get on/off the scooter. The seat does not swivel allowing you to stay seated on the scooter while at a table
    • 3 wheel Spitfire Scout by Drive Medical seat has a lever directly under the seat allowing it to swivel 180 degrees. Thus making it easier to get on/off the scooter as well as being able to remain seat on the scooter when at a table if necessary.

[*]Variable seat height positions.

• Lexis Light Elite does not have variable height positions
    • 3 wheel Spitfire Scout by Drive Medical has 3 variable height positions allowing the seat to be adjusted to a comfort level relative to one's height.

[*]Repair & Warranty Service

• Are their local repair sources that are experienced in working with either scooter ?
    • Regarding warranty work does it have to be shipped back to the manufacturer?
    • Is in home service provided?

[*]Return Policy specifically regarding the Lexis Light Elite since you're not able to test ride the scooter prior to purchase.

• Is it able to be returned ?
    • Is there a restocking charge?
    • Are you responsible for return shipping cost ?

Edited by xxoocruiser

My husband is on his second Lexis Light Elite (Tzora scooter) We love the fact that it folds and is very light. The two of us are able to lift it in and out of the back of the car. That is important to us. That being said, we always get a Accessible stateroom.

We have traveled all over the world with his scooter (Hong Kong, Vietnam, Norway, China, etc.) and have not had any problems that could not be handled by the ship crew.