Thanksgiving Freedom Cruise 2017...Lots of Pics

cruisewithwife

The girls and I had lasagna....it was good but the lasagna at the pizza place is better

enhance

I also had a steak which is pretty good but you can definitely taste the char from the grill

enhance

The oldest had to have french fries with her lasagna

enhance

DW enjoyed the Paella and the Penne Mariscos...the penne is one of her favorite dishes with the salmon in it

enhance

enhance

After dinner we headed over to the show Getaway Island

enhance

They brought people on stage to do a hula hoop contest and limbo to start. There was an older man up there who stoled the show. They held the hula hoop for him and he acted like he was going the whole time.

enhance

They do a lot of singing and dancing during this show and then the bartender comes out and juggles and does some tricks

enhance

enhance

We headed back to our room to find our towel animal. It was early to bed as tomorrow was Freeport and we had a Glass Bottom boat excursion that left early in the morning.

enhance

We woke up early to the sound of rain....we were going through a big rainstorm as we were approaching Freeport. We were pretty much up and laying around so we decided to start getting ready....while DW was in the shower this was slid under our door.

enhance

Our excursion had been cancelled due to the weather how dissapointing. Since we were all dressed we headed down down to the main dining room for breakfast. We got sat at a table with an older couple who was on a back to back cruise and a mom and daughter. We had a very ncie conversation with them and enjoyed breakfast here was the menu

enhance

The girls enjoyed some scrambled eggs, pancakes and bacon

enhance

DW and I had the eggs benedict...I also had an english muffin with some peanut butter

enhance

After breakfast the girls were ready to go explore

enhance

Since we had no excursion we decided to get off and walk around the area right by the ship.

enhance

enhance

The weather had cleared off and it was a gorgeous day...we were a little dissapointed they cancelled the excursion so soon

enhance

We had to take our pictures in front of the Freeport sign

enhance

enhance

Thank you....there was some times on the cruise where we were thinking how much nicer it would be without kids on it haha

Mark Twain said, "There are two ways to travel. First class, and with children."

What, no one had the pumpkin soup? On our first Carnival cruise, it was great; it tasted like eating warm liquid pumpkin pie. The next time we tried it, it had become a nothing-like-pumpkin-pie chicken soup. Blah.

As to the escargot, I would never order it in a restaurant, but we usually have it on the cruise. My wife makes an excellent fauxcargots, made using thoroughly sauteed button mushrooms instead of snails. After all, escargots don't have any particular taste; all you taste is the butter, bread, garlic, salt, and cheese.

Edited by TubT

Mark Twain said, "There are two ways to travel. First class, and with children."

What, no one had the pumpkin soup? On our first Carnival cruise, it was great; it tasted like eating warm liquid pumpkin pie. The next time we tried it, it had become a nothing-like-pumpkin-pie chicken soup. Blah.

As to the escargot, I would never order it in a restaurant, but we usually have it on the cruise. My wife makes an excellent fauxcargots, made using thoroughly sauteed button mushrooms instead of snails. After all, escargots don't have any particular taste; all you taste is the butter, bread, garlic, salt, and cheese.

We had the soup in July and we're not impressed so we passed on it this time.

I agree would never order the snails at restaurant but do enjoy them on the cruise

We made our way back towards the ship and took a few more photos

enhance

We went back on the ship so we could go hang out at the pool and waterslide. We were back on the ship and in swimsuits and at the pool by 12:30. Here is some photos from the top deck by the waterslide.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Here is how close the pool is to the water slide just right at the end of it

enhance

Here is a video of the girls going down the waterslide

du1K5F7GCuQ

I had to take a trip down the water slide as well

6fmnHAdAEy4

Playing around in the pool

gBlAJFhAYRg

After all the trips down the water slide we decided to hit up the hot tub for a bit

enhance

Time to go get some lunch after all that swimming...we decided to split up the oldest and DW were off to the pizza place and we were off to check out buffet and mongolian and meet up at the BBQ place

enhance

enhance

enhance

The little one ended up with some noodles and chicken from the magnolian place in which it was very spicy and nobody seemed to like it. She also wanted an apple and some meat and cheese

enhance

DW got some arugala pizza

enhance

Of course the oldest enjoyed her cheese pizza

enhance