Ocho Rios - Cozumel - Grand Cayman

cruiser_family

In Grand Caymen we are booked with ShoreExcursioneer, we're doing their "Grand Caymen Hell, Beach Escape & Shopping Excursion"

In Cozumel it's Mr Sanchos'

In Ocho Rios we're currently talking with Marvyns Paradise Tours to go to Bob Marley's Nine Mile, Dunns River Falls, shopping touring, and lunch at Scotchies. A few people had talked about Liberty Tours but after talking with them they're about $100 more for the exact same tours as other places. Chris Linton has been very helpful as well, just couldn't beat the price of Marvyn.

We never book excursions through Carnival because on your own it's much cheaper, less crowded and you see/do more things. You also do what YOU want to do. The only time I'll book any excursion through Carnival is a cabana in Half Moon Cay.

Ocho Rios we did the Magic Mountain/Dunn's river falls excursion and it was ok, but I would not do it again.

Cozumel: We love the Fury Catamaran. It is pricey, but we have done it three times and loved it every time.

Grand Cayman: The perfect port to save some money. Just get off the boat and walk down to Don Foster's for Scuba or Snorkeling from the shore. No Excursion needed here.

In Grand Caymen we are booked with ShoreExcursioneer, we're doing their "Grand Caymen Hell, Beach Escape & Shopping Excursion"

In Cozumel it's Mr Sanchos'

In Ocho Rios we're currently talking with Marvyns Paradise Tours to go to Bob Marley's Nine Mile, Dunns River Falls, shopping touring, and lunch at Scotchies. A few people had talked about Liberty Tours but after talking with them they're about $100 more for the exact same tours as other places. Chris Linton has been very helpful as well, just couldn't beat the price of Marvyn.

We never book excursions through Carnival because on your own it's much cheaper, less crowded and you see/do more things. You also do what YOU want to do. The only time I'll book any excursion through Carnival is a cabana in Half Moon Cay.

Thanks for the details!!!!

Ocho Rios we did the Magic Mountain/Dunn's river falls excursion and it was ok, but I would not do it again.

Cozumel: We love the Fury Catamaran. It is pricey, but we have done it three times and loved it every time.

Grand Cayman: The perfect port to save some money. Just get off the boat and walk down to Don Foster's for Scuba or Snorkeling from the shore. No Excursion needed here.

Thanks for your honesty.

Carnival put us in Ocho Rios as a substitute port because of a hurricane, obviously we had nothing planned and just wandered towards the downtown area.

We happened across a bar called "Under the Stairs" which consisted of some tables sitting on a shaded patio with an under-the-stair utility room serving Red-Stripe beers through the doorway. Lunch was some guy cooking jerk chicken on a Weber in the street and the restroom was at the burger king. Bought some peanuts while there from some Rasta-looking guy who roasted them in a wagon he pulled around.

All-in-all a delightful day and one of our best memories of cruising. I find the more I cruise the less I use excursions. Serendipitous adventures are more fun and meaningful for us.

On a cruise later this month, we're going to find a taxi to take us to the Shipwreck Bar in St. Kitts. that's about we got planned for that island....

In Ocho Rios we did Dunn River Falls with lunch, had a great time and grateful we booked with the ship because there was a HUGE downpour that quickly flooded some streets and the roads were packed and slow (this was in May). We also booked the underground caves in Cozumel (also through the ship) and were the LAST group back, if anyone had missed that ferry back to the dock they would have completely missed the ship. I have booked independent tours as well as ship tours, depends on what I want to do and if there is a small (even slight) possibility that there might be delays of some kind. I do have to say that my hubby was really, really worried in Cozumel because he did not go with myself and my daughter (he is claustrophobic) and went snorkeling with a group independently and was already back on the ship! The caves were great and my daughter said she felt like Indiana Jones!

In Grand Cayman, we once took a taxi to about the middle of the seven mile beach and walked slowly back to the tender, soaking up the ambience as we went. Nice cheap day on the beach.

In Cozumel, Nachi Cocum resort is a great all-inclusive day of relaxing under a palapa, but just walking around town is free and very enjoyable.

Ocho Rios is far from our favorite port, actually, it's at the bottom of the list. That being said, we had fun doing Dunns River Falls climb, sky chairs to the top of the mountain and bob sled down. We've done Nachi Cocum in Cozumel 3 times and loved it. However, on this upcoming cruise, we're going to try Mr. Sanchos. We've never done anything in Grand Cayman except walked around, shopped, ate and drank.

I did this this twice out of New Orleans, that's how much I loved it. Only difference we went to Montego Bay

In Ochos I think you can do a day at Sunset Beach it was $65 and it was unlimited food and drinks

Cozumel we drove around the island stopping at many stops and shops, ending the tour at a tequila factory taking different shots of tequila. I got a very good tan and got to swim in different parts of the ocean.

Cayman Island we went the sandbar and swam with the stingrays, that was beautiful being out in the middle of the ocean. After swimming with the stingrays we stopped at another small island on the other side of caymans. There we had some great food and did some water sports and tanning.

That was one of my favorite cruises.

We happened across a bar called "Under the Stairs" which consisted of some tables sitting on a shaded patio with an under-the-stair utility room serving Red-Stripe beers through the doorway. Lunch was some guy cooking jerk chicken on a Weber in the street and the restroom was at the burger king. Bought some peanuts while there from some Rasta-looking guy who roasted them in a wagon he pulled around.

All-in-all a delightful day and one of our best memories of cruising. I find the more I cruise the less I use excursions. Serendipitous adventures are more fun and meaningful for us.

Thanks for the tip. I think there may be too many of us for this type of adventure.

We also booked the underground caves in Cozumel (also through the ship) and were the LAST group back, if anyone had missed that ferry back to the dock they would have completely missed the ship. I do have to say that my hubby was really, really worried in Cozumel because he did not go with myself and my daughter (he is claustrophobic) and went snorkeling with a group independently and was already back on the ship! The caves were great and my daughter said she felt like Indiana Jones!

Underground caves sound fun ....

We recently went to Ocho Rios and in a recommendation went to Paradise Beach Bar. Small local bar, private beach, really lovely location. Folks were really nice. We simply took a cab but it took a minute to find once who knew what we were talking about. It's a local place but unless it's Sunday, it's not busy. It's adjacent to an adults only resort.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did this this twice out of New Orleans, that's how much I loved it. Only difference we went to Montego Bay

Cozumel we drove around the island stopping at many stops and shops, ending the tour at a tequila factory taking different shots of tequila. I got a very good tan and got to swim in different parts of the ocean.

That was one of my favorite cruises.

Was this a tour or did you get a driver and just "wing it"?

Going to these ports in a few weeks. In Ocho Rios we have Courtney Taylor taking us to Konoko Falls and then a little drive-around tour, Grand Cayman will be Stingray City with Capt. Marvin's, and Cozumel is our only ship-sponsored tour, the "Cozumel By Land And Sea" tour.

Since it's inception, we have bought the Cheers plan. For this reason we never do all inclusive beaches as we might have a taco and a beer or 2. We can't justify $65 pp for an all inclusive when I am staying on an all inclusive. There are plenty of beaches available on a pay by drink basis

We've done Nachi Cocum in Cozumel 3 times and loved it. However, on this upcoming cruise, we're going to try Mr. Sanchos.

I looked at Mr. Sanchos and Nachi Cocum. I can't find a menu for Nachi Cocum. I'm trying to compare them to see what will be the preference for our rather large group (20+). our cruise is not until Christmas 2018. Maybe you can compare them after your experience.