Thanks for sharing, Fran. I would love to hear your thoughts on the differences between Viking and Uniworld. I have not heard of Scenic. We have done only two previous river cruises.

We traveled from Budapest to Prague on a Tauck boat. It was really called "Perillo 50th Anniversary Tour", but Perillo bought out the Tauck boat for the one week cruise and the staff and tour directors were Tauck. It was a very excellent cruise. We stayed in Budapest a week before cruise and in Prague for four days after.

Our next river cruise was Uniworld to Russia last year and it was also wonderful. The rooms a little smaller than the Tauck boat and the food seemed a little nicer on Tauck boat.
I don't know if the was because it was a special tour for Perillo or just the norm for Tauck. Everything is probably a little bit more difficult in Russia as far as getting supplies.

I get a lot of promotions from Viking and AMA, but I don't know much about them. I am under the impression that Uniworld is a nicer line than the others. I think I got that impression from our TA, but I have nothing to base it on.