southampton airport pre-book taxi or wait in queue

lanarkshire lad

The waiting times are not too long in our experience. That said pre booking guarantees availability and a fixed price which, if there are any hold ups into Southampton, can be well worth it.

You can only use the airport designated taxis if you are in the airport. Other companies can drop off but not pick up. One of the locals to Southampton posted previously that if you walk a few hundred yards out of the airport "zone" you can call / use local taxi companies which are apparently much cheaper.

There is also a railway station just next to the airport so as you are arriving a day in advance you could probably use the public transport if you wanted to.

I agree. Just up the road from me. If you are staying near the port the night before sailing then I would consider getting a train from the airport (right next door) to Southampton Central and from there you will find plenty of taxis available to take you to your hotel. Taxi from airport to city centre could be a bit painful if traffic heavy. Have a good cruise

Chris and Lynn (2015)

We are ariving at Southampton Airport from Scotland ,mid morning Thursday 27th Oct for Britannia cruise leaving on Friday

What are the waiting times like at a taxi rank? or is it better to pre book .

You either have the day or the date wrong, the ship departs Friday 27th. See you on board.

Must have posted as you were posting 3 mins.difference

Edited by mkh999

Small world indeed and thinking back it certainly was good fun. I would have offered to pick you up as am literally 10 mins up the road but sadly working that day. We are going on Britannia ourselves but not until early 2019 so have a great time. just try to avoid train to Salisbury as it's the stopper.

your correct thur.26 not 27

Once you pick up your cases you walk about 30 yards to the airport taxi desk and within minutes your taxi is waiting outside.

On your return there are Taxis outside the cruise terminal but some of them are foreign drivers and some will rip you off.

We use a local taxi firm tel no.

We ring them when we are passing the cases in the terminal.

They are there within 10 minutes outside the terminal and are half the price of the taxis outside.